cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying a 3.5 workbook with the existing query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a workbook (WB - 3.5) with 4 queries (3.5). 1 new KF has added to Qry1 &  Qry2. Unfortunately, that newly added KF is not visible when ever I opened the WB for that Qry1 & Qry2. I have tried to inserted a new query by selecting overwrite option. Its not working properly. After overwritten, its showing both the old display and the new display. I need just to show the new KY in the existing display itself.

I have gone through SAP Bex forum for this workaround. Did not get any suitable solution. Could any one share your experience for such a scenario please...

Highly appreciating for your kind inputs.

Best Regards

Venkat...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Is new KF is appearing when you execute query in RSRT? if yes,

generate report in RSRT in each environment. Goto Design mode in workbook and remove the old query and attach new one.

Transport both Query and Workbook to production, see if it fix.

Thanks,

Umashankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umashankar,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, its reflecting in RSRT. The 2 queries already moved to PRD. I thought, its a simple task to get that changes to reflect in workbook is by simply doing refresh the WB. Unfortunately, its not workedout.

You're telling about the 7.x WB procedure, correct me if I am wrong. My WB is in 3.x. Here, how can I overwrite the existing qry1 with qry1(changed).

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

Venkat..

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkateswarlu

This was a known problems in Bex-3.x where the saved workbook doesn't reflect the changes done in the query.

To achieve this you have to select an option probably named as "Adapt query design" during workbook refresh.

Once this is selected workbook will check the query design again and refresh the workbook.

Note: As I am not longer using Bex: 3.X could not tell you the exact option so please check the option which is a near to match.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for your reply.

I have not found the option "Adapt query design"  while refereshing the WB.

Would be very helpful, if any one can through a light on this issue...

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

Venkat...

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Click on tools button, there is a option to remove the query and insert query option to add query.

Let me know if you get that, ill share the screenshot if required.

Thanks,

Umashankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umashankar,

Thank you for the reply.

I have changed the query by modified the query global view. BEx Analyzer--> Change query--> Change query (global definition). Now, the issue is resolved.

Thank you very much for all your inputs.

Best Regards

Venkat...

Answers (0)