Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Data provisioning

former_member207019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please do let me know, what is the difference between traditional delta mechanism and ODQ(operation Delta Queue). In what kind of scenario's we use these mechanisms.

Regards,

Jo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

This ODQ going to be the Unified technology for data provisioning and consumption.

The major difference when compared to traditional Delta Mechanism:

1)It supports many sources like SLT,HANA Views and BW Objects .If you want to apply the delta extraction mechanism  for any of these sources you can go for ODQ.

2)If you want to extract data from another BW system and you want to apply delta extraction mechanism .You need not to go for export data source or Open Hub option you can choose ODQ.

3)Enables extract once deploy many architectures for sources

4)Unified configuration and monitoring for all provider and subscriber types

5)Time stamp based recovery mechanism for all provider types with configurable data retention periods

6)Highly efficient compression enables data compression rates up to 90% in Operational Delta Queue (ODQ)

7)Quality of service: „Exactly Once in Order“  for all providers

8)Intelligent parallelization options for subscribers in high volume scenarios

Benefits :

Simplified data flow

PSA no longer required

Flexible recovery options

Consumption of ODQ by multiple subscribers

Reduced data latency

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

A.Dinesh

former_member207019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thank you for your quick response. i have a small doubt on "Enables extract once deploy many architectures for sources". Even in general delta  mechanism, it works similary I hope. So could you please correct me if i am wrong. So what does make difference here.

Regards,

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Yes you are right Extract once deploy many  is available in older delta mechanism also, but not for all types of data sources and it also has many other advantage's as I have mentioned earlier.

Go through the below link to understand better:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/6b/dad23879364eb78a3e08a869b2e8de/content.htm http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/6c/a2eb9870c049159de25831d3269f3f/content.htm http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/7b/5bce89037f4897a69b02ecda028517/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

A.Dinesh

0 Kudos

Thank you for the Info

former_member182510
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh,

I checked the list of data sources which are ODP enabled and can be used in BW 7.4. In that list few LO extractors are also listed.

My doubt is for LO extractors we used LBWE jobs to update from LBWQ to RSA7, V1, V2, V3 updates are involved so in case of ODQ how exactly these delta records are updated?

is it direct update or queued delta update?

if it's queued update then still it follows the V1, V2, V3 logic?

can we see the delta data for listed data source in ODQMON same ase RSA7 entry?

when I run the DTP for the first time where does the delta pointer gets initialized in case of ODQ?

how exactly is 'Repeat Delta' thing handled in case of ODQ?

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka Joshi

former_member333019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Joshi,

Have you found the answer for the question ? I am extracting data from ERP as well, but for 0MATERIAL_ATTR after first Initial Data, the subsequent delta load didnt seen to extract the additional delta data. I would like to know is there any steps that I have to do or where I can look for, thank you !

former_member321557
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone, Anyone got the answer for same? I'm unable to do repeat delta for LIS extractors in Data services. Really appreciate if someone could help us.

Thanks