Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCCMSR & SAPCCM4x not starting

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are not able to start either our sapccmsr or sapccm4x. We tried to do -initshm to clean shared memory. It is getting executed successful. Also tried to do sapccmsr upgrade but no luck.

Please find the logs.

[Thr 10164]

Tue Sep 16 15:03:43 2014

ERROR: Starting standalone CCMS agent SAPCCMSR_X as Win service SAPCCMSR.01 encountered troubles when attaching CCMS Monitoring segment of type EXT:

There is an integrated or standalone CCMS agent, pid 1896, with the same profile already active. Cannot start twice!

If there is no other standalone or integrated CCMS agent SAPCCMSR_X running with a profile containing

parameters "SAPSYSTEMNAME = " and "SAPSYSTEM = 0", start standalone agent sapccmsr with option

-j2ee -initshm and profile to perform cleanup of CCMS Monitoring Segment in shared memory.

...closing this logfile

FYI - pid 1896 is of our SAP service instance.

Thanks

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

You can kill the sapstartsrv process and start the ccms agent. I had the same issue and solved it by killing the sapstartsrv process. You can start the sapstartsrv process after starting the ccms agent.

Regards,

Sandeep S

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

this is a wrong way to solve the issue. The integrated agent can be deactivated by setting a parameter, nothing should be killed. The standalone agents should be used only, if it is really needed for some reason. The future is with the integrated agents, because these agents are using modern communication protocol.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

May I know the parameter to deactivate the integrated agent so that I can follow it up in the future. I was killing the sapstartsrv process all these days.

Regards,

Sandeep S

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

this is the parameter

ccms/enable_agent = 0

which you should set in the profile, which sapstartsrv is using (you can see the profile, which is used by sapstartsrv, for example in the process list on OS level on a unix server) and restart sapstartsrv with

sapcontrol -nr NN -function RestartService

with NN as instance number. This will deactivate the integrated agent. To be sure, that the integrated agent is really deactivated you can check its trace sapstartsrv_ccms.log in DIR_LOGGING/sapccm4x directory of the instance, this file should contain only entries, that the agent was initialized and it should not be updated. Then the agent is deactivated.

Regards,
Alwina

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Alwina for useful information.

I am configuring CCMS for monitoring my portal , SRM , PI and MDM systems. I have registered ccms agents for all satellite system when I kernel was 720 -401. Now I have upgraded it to 720-600. After upgrade I am not able to start this standalone agent.  If I want to use integrated agent then how can i use it.

for my UAT & PRD system I have not yet configured where my kernel is on 720 -600 level. How can I configure integrated ccms agent please advice?

Thanks

Atul

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can see above, the parameter is give.

Regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, refer

1119735 - CCMS agents: Upgrade of monitored systems from 7.0 to 7.1

Check the "Background information:" part of this note

And, if you want to use the old RFC method,

refer - 1368389 - Re-activating RFC-communication for CCMS Agents

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

between the kernel patch 401 and 600 for kernel 7.20 there is a difference in the agents - a feature was implemented, which prevents, that you can start 2 agents in parallel for the same instance. Now the agent checks its working directory, if it can find agent.lock file of another agent, and if this file exists, it will not start. This was introduced in the kernel patch as described in the note:

1787260 - CCMS: Mutual activity control of agents

The integrated agents you can register from CEN, in RZ21 --> Configure Central System --> Create Remote monitoring entry, and here you have to choose the correct type of the component to be monitored (ABAP, Java, Dual Stack, TREX, Host) and fill out required information for logon data (OS user and users in systems).

For MDM server you should check latest documentation and notes, which agent you should use, in some cases the integrated agents still cannot load required plugin to monitor an application.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

Thanks a lot Alwina. I tried to start the ccms agent in one of the systems and it worked.

Regards,

Sandeep S

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

you are welcome 🙂

Regards,
Alwina

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

as of certain kernel release there is always an integrated agent in sapstartsrv started by default, and if you do not have a special reason to use standalone agents, you should register this integrated agent.

Please be carefull with the standalone "sapccmsr -j2ee" agent in a double stack system, as of kernel release 7.20 J2EE and ABAP instances in a double stack system use the same CCMS shared memory segment, and the both instances will be monitored by sapccm4x agent. If you start "sapccmsr -j2ee" agent once in such system it will destroy the CCMS shared memory segment.

Which basis and kernel release has the system, is it a double stack system and what exactly do you need to monitor in this system?

Regards,
Alwina

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

What is your kernel level.

I believe you should be using integrated agents.

Goto CEN(Solution Manager) and is this system is not connected to CEN, create a remote monitoring entry in RZ21 and then check it this works.

Else, explain more about what and how use CCMS.

Regards