cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot UD Inspection Lot Due to Batch Inconsistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having an issue where I cannot do Usage Decision to my inspection lot, due to a wrong batch number keyed in to the lot.

Background:

When warehouse performed the GR, they keyed in the Vendor Batch number in both 'Batch' and 'Vendor Batch' fields in the MIGO screen. During this period, the Lot created is having a status CRTD CHCR SPRQ, meaning there is no quality plan yet. After the creation of Quality Plan, QM tried capturing the plan into the existing lots, however, they noticed the batch number was deleted. Unfortunately, when they keyed in the batch number again, they indicated a wrong batch number.

Now, our stocks is located in Batch A, but in the inspection lot, its searching for stocks in Batch B. As such, we are getting deficit error since no stocks were found in Batch B (Inspection Lot batch).

Currently, the Inspection Lot is having the status INSP DEF SPST (Inspection active, Defects were recorded, Stock posting started). However, there is no goods movement documented for this lot so far. This restricts us in performing other options.

Currently I have tried the following:

1. Cancelling the GR, to delete the inspection lot, and do returns delivery, but getting error message: You cannot cancel GR, since inspection lot is already partly posted.

2. Post Returns Delivery directly in MIGO (mvt type 22) but getting error message: Change the inspection stock of material **** in QM only.

3. Move stocks from Batch to Batch (mvt type 309), but this option is only possible for unrestricted use stocks.

4. Move QI stocks to QI stocks (mvt type 323Q) but getting error message: Change the inspection stock of material **** in QM only.

My question is:

Why were there instances that the batch is deleted when calling a task list group in the inspection lot? I tried the same case, but cannot simulate the deleted batch.

Is there any way to reverse the status SPST? This may possibly allow us to perform cancellation of GR.

Thank you everyone in advance.

Have a nice day.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies, Gajesh and Keerthi.

I'm still working on with SAP about the root cause and the possible long-term solution. However, for this case, a workaround is to update manually the batch in the existing inspection lot, and this will allow you to proceed with the results recording and UD.

I'll update the thread once a solution has been finalized.

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Implement SAP Note 175842 - Inspection Lot: Reversal of goods movements from UD and reverse the stock postings for that lot and then go ahead with the Steps you've mentionef in option 1. It will work.

Rgds,

Keerthi P

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Juan

As there is a inconsistency in the stock , if nothing is working try to implement the Note 48815 and try to clear the material to unrestricted stock.

You may use 122 and bring it back with correct batch. The issue is that you cannot simulate this case in your test system.

Regards

Gajesh