cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download File from File System (read)

0 Kudos

Hello All:

I am using the GetFile Download file (read) getting a delimited flat file. But it doesn't use any field delimiter (tried both txt and csv file). So you end up getting a element like

<col>A,B,C,D<col>

I have not been able to figure out a way to do delimiter string split without a recursive template match, which I can't do within the template structure B1if gives. I am not too sure how to resolve this, I don't see any string split function from the XLST library.

Thank you for any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bastian_schaefer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the "GetFile" atom does not yet support the "Format Control Document" functionality.

If you need to read in a CSV file and define a logic to split via specified delimiter, please use the File Inbound logic. Details of the usage of file inbound can be found in the embedded B1i help.

SAP plans to harmonize the functionality of "file inbound" and the "GetFile" atom in future patchlevels of B1if.

Best regards

Bastian

0 Kudos

Hello Bastian:

Thank you, yes I am currently already using the File Inbound logic, this is a second file after the initial file read in. A side question, for the inbound file I simply used \t on the delimiter in SLD and result yield how I wanted. I have seen the format control document, but haven't gotten any detail instructions on how to create one. Is it in the help document?

Answers (0)