cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAU/SPDD phases during the support packages update processing (SUM tool)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m with some doubts regarding the importing support packages process... I already finished this activity in our development SAP ERP system but I keep with some doubts regarding the SPAU/SPDD phase, because the SUM tool informed me that in Preprocessing phase (in shadow instance) it necessary to make the all adjustments of the objects (252 objects)... and we done all that ajustments in the shadow instance as it was informed in the SUM notification:

What is very strange here is that the SUM tool, at the end of import (in the Postprocessing phase), once again reported more objects for adjustments in SPAU/SPDD transaction, at this time 771 objects:

Why this was shown twice, why it showed two times, in different phases, the SPAU/SPDD phases?

I already did several support packages updates in the past but this never happened to me, I always was informed only once at the end of import!

Can you help me, can you explain me this please more better?

Best regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

SPDD comes first and SPAU comes towards the end of the upgrade. You were prompted for SPDD and now the tool is prompting you to carry out the SPAU tasks.

Regards

RB

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samid,

During upgrade there are two phase where we need to take care about modifications. At the end of pre processing SUM will give you list of objects for which you need to carry SPDD.

After the upgrade/execution phase you need to carry SPAU which will give you list of objects or programs  which have difference in the Latest SAP request and the previous ones. With help of abapper and functional team you carry out these activities.

If there are no modified objects exists tool will not prompt you for SPDD but as objects are changed due to upgrade you need carry out SPAU which doesnot require access key till 14days. For subsequent system you can use transport requests of current system.

- Mahesh

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

First one is for SPDD (performed on shadow) and second one is SPAU related phase.
Even in support package update there are 2 different phase RN_SPDD for SPDD and RUN_SPAU phase for SPAU.

Regards,
Gaurav