cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Studio Composite Provider won't expand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I'm working in HANA Studio BW Modeling perspective (Version: 1.0.7402), and I am suddenly unable to expand the InfoProvider node to access the Composite Provider.  When I click the arrow to expand, it says "Loading" and hangs (see screenshot).  I have tried closing/restarting HANA Studio, the same thing happens.  Another user in our group is affected also, but 2 others are not.  We have reviewed the Security Roles, and all 4 users are consistent.

Any thoughts / ideas?  We're stumped, and internet searches have provided no answers.  Much thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't believe we finally found the answer on our own!!  We asked our ABAP team to look into the short dump, and with the help of our Security team, found a glitch in the auto-generated security roles for BPC (finance add-on which touches BW).  There should only be one asterisk instead of two.  FYI, we did NOT install the OSS note finally because it was giving us too many issues.

I hope this thread remains high profile for anyone else who encounters this problem, because it was extremely frustrating to investigate and resolve.  Thanks to all for your help/support!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Java exit code 1 issue seems to have resolved itself with no need to play in the .ini or registry files.

However, I am still unable to access the Composite Provider.  If you do not have an answer, could you please direct me to a specific troubleshooting website or equivalent which will allow me to continue to research the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You normally get this error if connection refuse or no connection between your studio and your bw system

If you partner sapxxxxxx not reached. WSAECONNREFUSED: connection refuse

Could you check the connection between your bw & studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am encouraged!!  Where do I check this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perspective/ other/ sap hana administration console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I'm there, and I see a blank screen.  Now what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the botton right. Drag the slider bar up and click on the error log. You should seen any error with your system there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're getting closer.  Now what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where are you located. UK ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jon for your help and patience, we are making progress!!  As per your suggestion to verify the Error Log in HANA Admin Console, we re-generated the incident and then found a message specific to a short dump (Transaction ST22).  As "luck" would have it, exactly the 2 affected users appear, and no others.

After some research of the dump, we found an OSS note for SP7 which seems relevant:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2055414 (The project explorer does not display queries based on FBPAs).  Since we are also using/transporting Open ODS functionality in our design, we strongly suspect that this is the cause of the error.

We are going to ask our Basis team to implement the Note, and hopefully it will resolve the issue.  I will follow up once completed to provide status/feedback.

Not an easy issue to troubleshoot, but a big learning experience in how to troubleshoot any issue.  Thank you again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, If you still have issue after the note has been apply. let me know and we can a Skype chat. Whats your Skype ID?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Things are not getting better this morning, I get the following error when I try to open BW Modeling perspective, and HANA Studio closes completely.  I will investigate the Java installation, but I require something much more concrete for resolution.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karen - I moved this to the BW HANA space as it seems more of a question about HANA than Analysis Office

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Could you check if your SAP GUI is updated to 7.30. this the recommended version and may help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice try.  Release is 730 Final Release, File Version 7300.1.3.1079,  Build 1396014, Patch Level 3.  For the record, I'm also on Windows 7 Pro 6.1 SP1.