Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP installation number issue

former_member1302095
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I installed SAP ERP ECC 6.0 EhP7 IDES lately. Installation number is automatically generated , but which is different from the installation number given in support portal. So when i am trying to generate access key for developer,  it generates access key for the installation number given in support portal. Is it possible to change the installation number? Kindly suggest some solutions.

Thanks in advance.

mailsaka
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sirenjeevi,

did you find a solution, because I am facing exactly the same problem.

I know its been a long time since your question, but I hope you're looking here sometimes.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1302095
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Seshu,

I am able to register but it is taking the same installation number. I can enter new hardware id SID, but am not able to change installation number.

Deepak Kori,

You are right i have a temporary license for 3 months. I generated a new license and uploaded through SLICENSE tcode. But that license was associated with installation number. Since it doesn't accept.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Remya,

You can delete the temporary license along with all the existing license and then install the new license.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1302095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

In license text file installation number is available. So it doesn't match with system installation number and hardware key..

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Remya,

New license will be based on your new hardware on which IDES is installed. So when you deploy new license it should work.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Remya,

As it is IDES system it comes with a temporary license installed against a particular installation number.

To change the installation number you need to request a permanent license from SAP service marketplace against your installation number and deploy the new license on SAP IDES system.

Post this developer key should work on IDES.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

seshukoti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can register the system in support portal with the installation number which is showing in system currently and fill all the system details.

can you please check once this.

Thanks

Seshu