cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting of payroll (to accounting) is taking old entries already posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am facing a new issue for me related to Payroll and Posting:

We have had a correct process of Posting during the last 3.5 years. However, this year we posted a payroll in February (Period 04 .2014), during the following periods (5  to 14) everything has been working fine. But in Periods 15 and 16, 2014, Posting process is taking again one amount or entry already posted correctly in period 04.2014.

I have reviewed master data, any wrong removed results (no any), etc, but everything looks correct.

Could you give a hand to understand why is happening that? and, please, I will appreciate a lot to know how to avoid this error.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I guess what you are seeing in PCP0 is the way SAP handles retro accounting.

Here is an scenario:

Period 1

You post 400 to account A101.

A101

------------

400|                  Period 1

|

|

Period 2 with retro to periodo 1

You modify those 400 you posted before in a way that now there are only 300 to post and you account 400 corresponding to period 2 then SAP does the next:

Extracts all 400 from A101 and accounts 300

A101

------------

|400         Retro Period 1

300|               Retro Period 1

400|               Period 2

If you did not modify the amount maybe some of the following happened:

- change of postind element (cost center, order, pep element, etc.)

- not sure if a change on some split in the wate type could trigger that, in this case you should be seeing the concept as follows:

A101

------------

|400       Retro Period 1

400|             Retro Period 1  (this may be in another posting element, not really in the same screen)

400|             Period 2

If, for some way, the system is accounting again this only concept then your document is not being posted ok, because it is not balanced. In this case I cannot find what could be the reason for the error, I am thinking in some custom development builted in RPCIPE00 program.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I appreciate a lot your time and your advice.

During last weeks I have reviewed all possibilities you mentioned... except one:  (change of posting element (cost center, order, pep element, etc.).

I will let you to know my analysis and results.

Best regards,

Daniel