cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing CATS - Record Working Time

0 Kudos

Hello I need to enhance the record working time applications. I have 2 specific requirements.

1. I need to introduce a new column in the ALV to record time. The new column needs to display the task description. I tried to do this via configuration in SPRO however the field just doesn't show up. Field I am trying to add is CATSDB-LTXA1 in the data entry section of record working time.
  2. I also need to change the search help for AUFNR. Currently its displaying the SAP standard search help. I need to change this to a freely programmable search help - how would I go about doing this?

would really appreciate your inputs, read a lot of your answers related to WebDynpro ABAP. (Apologies for the tag)

Thanks,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please find my suggestions/answers for your questions as below

• Enhance the component and update the node and add new attribute from structure CATSDB
  • Go to the post exit of alv view where alv config has been done and use the method SET_DATA to update alv with new node data

Please refer the below thread

• Create Freely Programmed search help component ZWD_AUFNR_HELP
  • Enhance the standard component and use the help component
  • Go to the method WDDOMODIFYVIEW( ) method and set the value help to the attribute AUFNR as below

data lo_node_info type ref to if_wd_context_node_info.

"------- write logic to get node info----

lo_node_info->set_attribute_value_help(

EXPORTING

name            = 'AUFNR'

value_help_mode = if_wd_context_node_info=>c_value_help_mode- application_defined

value_help      = 'ZWD_AUFNR_HELP'

).

Please refer my document in which I have explained the steps involved in attaching ovs help to standard field.

You can also refer the below document if you want to add custom DDIC search help

Assign Your Own Search Help in the Employee Self-Service Timesheet

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama