Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Task Description - Line Break

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm trying to send out an email ( not through email step, instead Extended Notification) from workflow. I have tried so many different possibilities, but I couldn't able to get it work.  I need your help in resolving this.

Couple of issues in the below email generated:

Issue 1 - The Subject as well the Body content has the same information. The business thinks it kind of repetitive and is this a way to remove from the body content? After reading lot of discussion in SCN, I think we need to create new handler and assing it to SWNCONFIG to achieve the same, but is there any other simpler way to do that?

Issue 2 - If Issue 1 can't be resolved in standard way, Is there a way I can a line feed/break between the lines "The salary plan ***************" and "To ******"

Appreciate your time and feedback!

Regards,

Justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a look in your workflow log for this example (via SWI1 and PFTC_DIS to see the wf definition). I think you will find that all of that the text all comes from the Task description, which you can change.

regards

Rick Bakker

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

Thanks for your reply, please see the below task description.

Justin.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thanks, it looks like that text could indeed be set by Extended Notifications. Go in to SWNCONFIG and look for the text in the General section (I think that's what it's called). Should be easy to change.

regards

Rick Bakker

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

I apologize ,I think I wasn't clear in stating my requirements. Please see the below screenshot. You can see Work Item Text (which I have highlighted). So When I send a notification through email, this Work Item Text is going as Subject of the email and the same Work Item Text going in the Body of the email as well. So as I have stated earlier, I want this work Item text needs to be removed from the Body of the email, if not at least I need Line feed between Work Item Text and Work Item Description. The preference is to remove Work Item Text from the body of the email. Let me know if it all make sense.

Thanks,

Justin.   

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

The question still remains where the "To:" text is stored. I expected it tobe in the Task description.

See if you can find it in SWNCONFIG. If so, that's where you can add the line feed.

regards

Rick

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

Thanks again for taking your time to respond to my thread. I have got it resolved finally.. It's very silly on my part, but that's okay, at least I got to learn something new ... I have to thank Bassam and Neha for helping me out to resolve this issue..

The issue was I had "*" in front of To &APPROVAL_MANAGER_NAME& , but we are supposed to have "/" to get a line feed. As expected you can see the line break between The Salary plan ******* - work item text and the actual body content starts from To ******, in the below email screenshot..

Thanks again Rick...

Regards,

Justin.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

I'm glad you got it resolved and thanks for following up!

I'm just confused why the third post in this thread shows the Task Descriptionn without the "To".

regards

Rick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

Sorry I think I have uploaded the wrong picture in the third post. Anyways I have figured it out a way to remove the Subject content from Body of the email as well. Just posting it here, probably it might be useful for someone..

1) Go to SE80 - Choose BSP Application SWN_MESSAGE1

2) Copy the Object to some Z name ZSWN_MSG1_NS ( only max of 15 chars allowed)

Depending on your scenario (mine is One Work Item per Message), double click on the htm.. In my case I'm choosing html_indiv.htm

Now comment out that line I have highlighted.

Add new message template as shown below in SWNCONFIG

Finally add this message template to your Category -->Assigned Message Template.

Output:

Before making the changes in template

After making the changes in template

Thank you!!