cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: Strange USER ID Mapping Behavior???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am experiencing a problem and not sure if anybody else has also faced this issue. I would like to share this with you and seek your suggestion/help to fix it.

Our application is integrated with Active Directory. User IDs can be searched and selected from the list. As soon as a user id is selected, its details are pulled and correctly mapped from AD.

As we know that we can use "*" (asterisk) character while searching users, I have noticed something strange about the application here. If I give like "abc*" and enter in User ID field, there are 2 possibilities:

1. Application will give error message: "abc*" is not a valid User ID". This is because, application has found multiple entries in AD starting with

"abc". If I press "F4", this will display all the User IDs starting with "abc".  This seems to ME to be normal as application found multiple entries

starting with this pattern and gives this error.

PROBLEM:

2. Suppose that in AD, there is only 1 entry matching this pattern, I have noticed that, application is pulling the user details for this user id (abc*) and mapping it correctly. However, it DOES NOT replace the "abc*" with "abcdef" in User ID Field!

Example:

In AD, there is one user id like "ABCDEF" and in ARQ, I searched with "ABC*" or "abc*" pattern,  application pulls its details correctly and maps in User Details Tab. However, application DOES NOT replace "ABC*" in the "User ID" field with "ABCDEF". It still contains "ABC*" and if I submit the request and if gets approved, it is getting created successfully in the back end system and the User ID is "ABC*" not "ABCDEF"!

Configuration Parameter "2051" is set to "YES", though!

Has anybody seen this before? If yes, may I know how to address this issue?

Secondly, if anybody has not faced/tested it, can you suggest how I can address this issue?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me know if the problem is understood.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fasal,

Sorry about my previous post.

what is SP level?

I remember having this issue when I was on AC 10.0 with SP10 with HR as the date source and when upgraded (for some other reasons) to AC 10.1 with SP04, it disappeared.

Obviously upgrade is not the solution in this case. There should be some correction note on this.

Let's see what others say.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ameet,

I dont know why I saw "This item is deleted...." kind of entry in your previous reply. May I know the reason. I thought my post got deleted! Curious to know!

Our system is SAP GRC 10.0 SP#14.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal,

Okay, about my first post to this thread: I wanted to edit but hit the delete button in jiffy and i was about to pack my system to rush back so couldn't continue that time.

Noone else can delete your thread or anybody else's thread but him/herself.

As per my first response, it could've been just a coincidence that once i changed the parameter to NO and post upgrade, the issue disappeared. I understand the consequences if you change this paramet to NO, system will not validate the user account against the ID maintained in the data source in case of duplicacy. So, no point on discussing over to change this, this is not at all a valid point.

There has to be some correction note on this issue.

Regards,

Ameet

Hope my justification is okay to you now.