Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One OR SAP MM...which one make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Over 30 years of Materials, Purchasing, Sales, finance and management experience. Just started learning SAP MM. But  do you  guys feel that Business One may be a better option for me  considering the overall experience. I want to stay with functional side. Thanks for your advice.

3 REPLIES 3

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

business one is a smaller package compared to actual sap-mm,if you learn actual SAP-MM you can implement for large industries where as for business one scope for multiple scenarios is not possible as it is compact package to meet the basic requirements of any company.

better opt for SAP-MM you will have bright future as per your extensive experience on purchasing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subba,

You have a quite number of experience in Material Management.  IT field check age as it is one of the criteria and also you have to start the career from junior or mid range.  You have to try very hard and compete with lot of lower age people to the get the job if you are close to 40 years or more (excuse me if you are not in this age range).  I don't want to demotivate you but chances are getting into SAP is very less due to age factor.  Positive side - I had told in previous discussions also, I saw two guys who were in 40 years, they had got into CMM level 5 companies (they had SAP certification) in India.

If you are ready to face any challenges and want to get into still SAP.  Then Siva already pointed out right direction to you.

Take the step wisely before jump into SAP.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Business One is extra system that has no corespondance to original SAP ERP. It is a special edition to small companies. In those market there are more competitors that has their products and lover price. Original SAP ERP is a leader in  big and middle market. I do not really beleive that BO can become really leader in small companies.

regards