cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Goods Movement Type for Inventory Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to change a goods movement code used on Mobile App Inventory Manager 4.0 to a custom (Z) goods movement code, the fileds are the same so I thought changing the constant will work for this as we do a GoodReceipt with no reference to Purchase nor Production order (gmCode = 501) with a custom, copied from standard, Movement type gmCode = 950 (this is a well known practice on ERP). I have changed only the global constant on my copied IM application, for testing purpose and the local GR was created with gmCode = 950 instead of gmCode = 501, but when I was transmiting in order to create goods movement document on SAP, the application throws an error like: "PostReceiptsSteplet - Goods Movement Impossible with good movement type 950 - Server error". So I would like to know first:

If is it possible to include or change the standard gmCode for custom gmCode on mobile app Inventory Manager 4.0?

What would it be the Best Practice to do this? The steps to include a custom movement type, now I know is not only changes on global constants

I have checked the java doc for this method "PostReceiptsSteplet", and it did not say anything about the constructor .... or how is used... what has inside... what is the condition of execution.... nothing ...

Please Help...

BR,

Mariana

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mariana,

By looking at your error message. It seems to be that error is on SAP side not  Agentry/Java side. To be sure you can put a break on SAP side and debug .  May  be your custom  movement type 950 is expecting certain field values to be passed through standard BAPI. That's when you can see all these sort of errors.  One another thing you can do from your side is write standalone ABAP program, call the BAPI used by IM 4.0 and pass the field  values as passed by Agentry application.  That  way you can identify where the issues  exists.

Usually GMCODE "BAPI2017_GM_CODE"  will take values like 01,02,03 etc and not  movement types as you have indicated. may you  meant movement code.  Check BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE documentation.

I hope it answers your question.

Thanks

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeap I will catch it on ABAP (with an enhancement point). I will only change the constant for other receipt to my custom gmCode on Agentry App.

Thanks,

MC

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mariana,

I cannot speak on the viability of changing movement types with IM 4.0.  I don't work on the backend BAPIs which is what threw that error.  My responsibility is working on the Agentry definitions and java code that interface with the BAPIs.  As I have mentioned before, the javadocs will only be of limited help to you.  You really need to request the java source in order to make even the simplest of changes to the java.  It will be too difficult, frustrating and error prone otherwise.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

If those java source code are so troublesome to request... why should I request them if I won't change the app's base functionality??. Instead of requesting those java source code, the documentation of the java doc should improve, well the documentation in general for this app should improve ... Is only a suggestion ... I'm trying very hard not to ask for those source code, because what   answer me on another post: If I ask for them, a disclamer must be signed because I could change a base functionality... and that's perfectly fine. But if I need to extend a class and add a few field: why do I need to ask for the code instead of checking the documentation and apply the customization needed?

Now I have some trouble extending a SAPOBJECT, because I don't quite understand the design of how you manage MaterialDocument / MaterialDocumentItem on the app. But I will post this question on another thread

BR & Always Thankful

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one question...

Since the error message you're getting is a "server error", have you tried submitting the GR using the 950 movement type directly on the ERP system? Was it successful?

This way we can check if the issue is an Agentry issue or if it's unrelated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Omar....

Yeap, I did several 950 movement type on ERP system and those were successfully created. Now the 950 is in fact a mix copy of 101 and 501... Because we want to do a GR without referencing a order (purchase nor production) but at the end with this movement type the process will créate a purchase order (that is what my functional is saying to me)... what may be wrong??? Why the App is saying it is imposible movement type???

BR,

Mariana