cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCI Indicator in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to set the DC Indicator and the relevant config settings. I have gone through this post: However, I am facing a strange issue, when I try to do the GR for the PO having the Delivery Complete indicator, system does not stop me to do so with reference to the message that has been set as an error. The delivery indicator is automatically unchecked from the PO after posting the MIGO.

Tried to debug the program with an ABAP Consultant, seems the BADI is never called up during MIGO.

Anyone faced this issue before.

Regards,

Lakhya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BADI in standard was displaying as an example. Created a new BADI with same code and inserted in the standard one. Guess what - The bulb glows - Implementation is called;

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is standard behavior of system where goods receipt possible after setting of DCI in PO but if you want to restrict goods receipt for PO with set of delivery completed indicator(DCI) and

go for implementing BADI: MB_GOODSMOVEMENT_DCI.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bijay, I have checked this BADI which is already there in SAP. However, somehow this BADI is not called up during MIGO. I have also tried to debug it. Maybe I will need to recheck it once again.I was just wandering if all things were configured accordingly with the BADI why I am not getting the pop up.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you set a 'X' to the export parameter E_DCI_MSG in method SET_DCI?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you don't mind then add numbers to the question

what is the order quantity and what the already delivered quantity.

Which quantity did you receive when this happened.

What tolerance had you entered in customizing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PO- 100

GR - 90

Tolerance: 0

This is in testing. Made the PO in same date, done GR for 90 and set the indicator so that no GR should be further permitted.

However, while trying to do GR (After POST) system automatically unchecks the DC indicator. And, if we change the last delivery date to an earlier date, system does not allow further GR.

But, I wanted that if the indicator is checked, system should not allow further GR and post the message "Delivery Indicator set for PO"

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have no tolerance, then the order of 100 is only fulfilled when you have GR for 100.

It is standard design that you can receive despite of DCI, the DCI only removes the commitment.

And it is standard too that the DCI gets removed after you had set it manually when you receive further receipts and you are still below your tolerance for a complete delivery, but you can set it again before you click save for the GR.

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

A quick question - In this scenario, what happens if underdelivery tol is set as 10%?

I tried doing it, but even then it is allowing me to post GR for the remaining quantity. Any suggestions please?

Regards,

Akash

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the docu for delivery complete indicator in help.sap.com or some hundred existing discussions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what about this message then "M7- 433: The Delivery Completed indicator is set for the PO Item".

The blog  says that this error message will pop up as Error while trying to do a GR where this indicator is checked. Hence, I commented on that post (though rejected).

I believe was able to achieve the same. If you can put your input on this, it would be helpful.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know this document, that why I wonder from the very beginning why we need to talk about it.

it is clearly said with a reference to an OSS note that thte standard allows to receive further despite of DCI set. And he introduced that he has used an enhancement, which is own programming, to modify this standard behavior into the desired behavior