cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Peformance Issue - while Creating Expense Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello T&E Experts,

We are facing typical issue for some users, when they are trying to Create Expense Report (in PR05).

Issue as below:

In our SAP, Z-functionality is added which shows Credit-Card (CC) Buffer charges (came from Bank) due on Personnel Number Account, in his/her PR05 account. User while creating trip in PR05, pull the charges from CC Buffer area into Expense Report.

Now for one of the user, while Creating trip (1st time) after following all necessary steps in correct way, system is giving error "Please pull the Charges from CC Buffer area".

Here the user had pulled charges from CC Buffer area only & followed correct way of creating trip. So system should not threw above Error message.

When the user tried creating trip in Second Attempt with all other conditions/steps remain the same, the trip was getting created in Proper way without any error message or system issue.

As we have recieved very few repetitive issue of above kind, we are thinking this is just SAP system Performance issue. The system is not responding to Z-Functionality for some user, at that particular time and thus USER are receiving the Error message.

Could you please confirm, on our above analysis & judgement regarding SAP Performance issue.

Is there any other thing, which needs to be check or reverify here ?

P.S. - The issue is faced (till date) by 3-4 Users & only for 1-2 trip. Other time SAP functionality worked fine for these Users.

Regards,

Aditya Bidwai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Why blaming performances ? There are more chances that it is a bug in your Z-functionnality

Regards

Mathieu

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Mathieu. At that:

• Do you have proof that the problem is in any way related to performance, i.e. have you made a performance analysis for the particular use cases? Check this wiki if you are unexperienced with performance analyses ABAP Test and Analysis Tools - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki
  • Have you debugged the particular use cases at the point where your error message "Please pull the Charges from CC Buffer area" is created?

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems that the issue cause could be because of mainly 2 reasons:

- User is making mistake, while creating trip

- Z-Functionality issue. Need to check in debugging, if refresh checks are available or not ?

Let me know, in case you have any other opinion over this.

-Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Agree to both of you.

But if it is the Z-functionality issue then many Users should face same functionality issue.

In our system, daily on an average 400 trips get created & posted for settlement.

Considering this huge volume in 3 months period, the occurrence of "Pull the CC Buffer charges"  issue is almost negligible.

On account of above point only, I am saying it might be SAP performance issue.

Debugging in production at the particular time is not possible, as per our company policy.

Could it be Authorization related issue for that particular Personnel Number ?

Regards,

Aditya Bidwai

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

An authorization related issue would be thinkable too. If you haven't yet compared the assigned R/3-Roles, Authority Profiles, PD-Profiles(you never know) between the users that are affected and others that are not, it can't hurt to do so.

If you have no emergency-user and no fire-fighter and you have no clearance to debug in production, you can (assuming you haven't already tried this) still try to clone one or two use cases from Production to QAS/DEV and try to reproduce the case there, assuming you have a tool like Clone&Test from Accenture to do so. Alternatively you could also still try capturing a trace in your prod environment with ST01 (of course with a filter for the specific user), unless your're forbidden to do that as well ;-/

By the way, to rule out a misunderstanding: The users that have the problem are always the same ones right? Would be quite nasty to narrow things down if different users would be affected each time.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Aditya Bidwai wrote:

But if it is the Z-functionality issue then many Users should face same functionality issue.

Not necessarily, it could seems rare and "random" because of the coding. Could be a missing refresh, a sort, a wrongly used instruction... and so on

It is hard to say without seeing the code of the Z-functionnality

As you stated it could be user related : authorization, parameter id... It could also be the user not telling you something "yes of course I did all the steps in the correct order"... while it is not the case (thats something I saw too often !!!).

Performance issues are really rare on SAP systems even with thousands of users accessing it a the same time^^ It can handle a lot of workload without problems.

Aditya Bidwai wrote:

On account of above point only, I am saying it might be SAP performance issue.

Debugging in production at the particular time is not possible, as per our company policy.

I suppose it is impossible to reproduce it in development system ?

Regards

Mathieu

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It could also be the user not telling you something "yes of course I did all the steps in the correct order"... while it is not the case (thats something I saw too often !!!).

Lol. Amen