cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with tables - how best to go about it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to go into a WBS and pick up a list of WBS-Elelmemnts and thier descriptions, and then display that list on the front screen (landing page/SMEN) ... is this possible? I can't figure out how I would go about it ... can anybody help?

Regards.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume the problem you are facing is that of creating a table on SMEN to hold the list of WBS elements? Personas does not support custom tables. If you don't want to interact with the list, you could join them all together into a single multi-line string in JavaScript and display it in a single text field. If you need to interact with them, and especially if you need to deal with a potentially long list that might need to scroll, then you might need to resort some of the techniques I describe in this blog: (possibly combined with this one - ). I would consider those a last resort though

Perhaps if you describe a little more about what you are trying to achieve, we could suggest a less complex solution...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve - helpful as usual. I'm a bit confused in this area but I don't think your solution is exactly what I need but your first comment is correct ....

.... the problem you are facing is that of creating a table on SMEN to hold the list of WBS elements?

So I can use CJ02 - all I want is the WBS-Element & Description (the Profit Centre assigned would be the icing on the cake but I think I'm right saying it's not possible to mix two different tabular views). So I can create a flavour of CJ02 with just that table on it ... but how do I pick up that table and display it on the SMEN screen. ... it will need to scroll. Am I being a dumpling here and missing something obvious?

Regards.

Patrick.

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does sound to me like your problem is exactly the same as mine in that blog. I'm copying a table from a transaction (in my case a custom transaction, but that's not relevant here) to SMEN.

The problem is just that there is no way to add a table to SMEN. There's no custom table object in the editor, and while there is a "Copy Table" action, there's no "Paste Table" action.. That's why in my blog I add a load of individual text fields that just "look" like a table. And that's why all the JavaScript is needed to manage the scrolling.

Does that make sense?

Steve.

Answers (0)