cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Availability control is not being activated changing "Availability control activation type"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am facing a problem with the data of some projects under the same Budget Profile. The problem is that CJ30/CJ31 are not showing data even when the configuration is OK for them. If I enter in the CJ30 and click on Menu/Extras/Availability control/Availability control Info, the system is giving to me "Message no. BP751 Availability control is Inactive". Also in Menu/Extras/Availability control/analysis is giving Message no. BP070 "For Project XXXXXX, availability control is Not active".

The Budget profile in the projects which are giving me the issue was configured with the Availability control activation type "0 - Cannot be activated". But we have changed the setting to the activation type as "1 = Automatic activation during budget allocation". Also we have set the tolerance limit and all the rest of availability control customizing seetings.

the other . In fact now, the configuration for this budget profile is excatly the same than other profile. In project with the same settings, the availiability control is working as per as expectations.

Do you know any other soluction to finally get activated the budget availiability control? Please advise.

I already tried to make some actions according some forums but I have not arrived to the expected result. I tried:

- CJBN - Reconstruct Availability Control

- CJBV - Activate Project Availabilty Control  

- CJEN - Reconstruct: Summarized Proj.Data

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

The direction provided by Tushar seems to be exactly the direction which you need to follow, There seems to be a problem with the budget allocation (as there are no values which are getting displayed). Probably you have had some earlier projects where the availability control was not activated and now as you are trying to activate it again with the option of having budget allocated in place,you will need to reconstruct availability control for the earlier projects (with the budget in place), and try checking if the availability control is getting activated for the newer ones as soon as the budget is allocated.

Please let me know if I am thinking in the right direction,

Regards

Varun Rudrabhatla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are. Very useful all your comments

The projects affected are currently being checking of of the standard.

We will activate contorl for new projects in the next years.

Best regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you mention the "Program type Budget" in the budget Profile? (Transaction OPS9)

If yes, then use IM52 for budgeting.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Are the projects where you have this issue display AVAC status in the status bar? Mostly running the correction reports, CJBN, CJBV and CJEN should do the trick..

Whats the log after running the Reconstruction AVAC? Is it displaying AVAC activated for the project?

Is it possible for you to share screen shots of the logs?

Cheers

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

I guess that saying "Reconstruction AVAC" you are referring to execution of CJBN, CJBV and CJEN. If so, please look on the screenshots below.

If this is not the information you were asking, please come back to me.

Many thnaks for the prompt answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Can you please share the screenshot where you have allocated the budget against the project? I dont think you have allocated any budget against the project. If so , can you provide the screenshot?

Regards

Varun

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

As per the screen shots of CJBN I can see that the AVAC for the project you have executed this transaction is not activated.

Now can you please send me the screen shot of CJ20N and CJ31 for the same project if it is possible.

Cheers

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

CJ20N:

which is the data you need? any specific flag or setting? I think hat all the configuration is dta protected?

CJ31:

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Let me try to explian the procedure. we are not using the Bugdet Availability Control currecntly but we are about to activate. However the configuration at Budget profile (transaction OPS9) was already made.

For the Budget profile in the projects which are giving us the issues, it is configured in the Production system with the Availability control activation type "0 - Cannot be activated".

But in the development and testing environments, we have changed the setting to the activation type as "1 = Automatic activation during budget allocation". Also we tested with the option "2 = Background activation when usage exceeded" which is clearly wrong".

Even trying the activation with the common tools like CJBN, CJBV and CJEN, this is not working to us.

Many thanks and kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

From the above screenshot, it appears there are no values for Budget data to display.

Can you once again verify from Budget report S_ALR_87013558 how much is the Budget appearing there?

When you say this, please confirm if after changing setting of activation type in testing environment, are you getting desired results. If yes, then you may need to compare configurations in Prod & Test.

If not, then you can create new Budget profile with activation type as 1 or 2.

You can user this new Budget profile in new project and then try doing Budget allocation, and then try doing actual cost posting and see if your Budget report is updated.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Tushar and thanks for your input,

I have checked that you are right. I need to further check but seems that in the specific proyects affected there is not budget entered.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jorge,

Nice to know that it gives you direction to check out further.

But if in the specific projects there is no Budget entered, then how come after changing availability control, Budget will get updated... Please check further.

Regards

Tushar

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

In CJ20N i wanted to see if these projects where you are not getting AVAC activated. Is the BUDG status active in the status bar.

From the Screen shots I can make out that there is no budgeting done for these projects and hence no Activation of Budget Controls.

Please create one dummy project in your development environment with this Budget Profile and see if the AVAC is getting activated for this project or not...

Cheers

Sammar