cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Horizontal Page On Datawindow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to know how to remove the extra horizontal page on a datawindow.  I have several columns that I have set the escapement to 900.  Is there a prperty to check to see if the horizontal page is greater than 1 and then change it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the PageCountAcross() function to determine how many horizontal pages there are while in Print Preview mode.

You'll have to resize / move columns to get rid of the extra horizontal page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resizing, move of columns sort of defeats the purpose of escapement.   I guess what I can do is print is grab the count across and print just the odd pages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not really following though.  If you have a column that now causes you to get a 2nd horizontal page, once you flip it 90 degrees so it fits on one page, that should stop the horizontal page issue.  Just make sure to call the setredraw() function

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish it was that simple.  Have tried and because I am printing on a 81/2 X 11 and the X=2176, W=1499 it spans to the next page.  Even though I have it flipped at 90 degrees you still have to lay it out in design on the page with these settings.  Printing prints all on one page, but spits out a blank page because it thinks there need to be two.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try setting a print range of one page? You can indicate which pages to print. If you're only printing the first page you can set the print range to 1.

dw_1.object.datawindow_print.page.range = "1"

HTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried that.  It still prints the extra page, because PB thinks it is part of the 1st page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume your print margins are greater than 110 because that X/W location will be fine if the margins are 110.  How much codeing opportunity do you have here?  The DW will render the page according to how you have the columns painted so if you make everything fit then modify it during print it should work.  We have a program that shows up to 20 columns across but depending on what they have selected it could only show 10 (or whatever).  I painted the DW with the columns very small to fit 11 inches.  When the program runs it gets the columns selected and then modifies the columns expanding the ones I need and leaving the others.  When they go to print it only prints what they have selected.

Chris

Take one part back - the Width is over the limit.  If you have the codeing opportunity then set this to be less than 8 inches on the screen or set the orientation to landscape and then switch that later.