cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trex is not connecting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the Trex 7.0 on windows 2003. My Landscape is ECC6 EHP7, which is recently upgraded from ECC6 SR3.

Now the my trex RFC are not working in the landscape after upgraded to EHP 7, previously it was working good.

My Question is Does EHP 7 is support the Trex 7.0 or not.

If Yes , please suggest me with a solution of why Trex is not connecting.

When i performing connection test in the GUI it is showing error as Program is unable to register.in the TREX Admint tool error showing as Gateway connection estableshed but  Error in Gateway connection.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the entries such as Gateway host and Gateway port in your RFC (TCP/IP ) Connection. The port number should be sapgw<inst.no> or 33<inst.no>.

Regards,

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check according to this:

Configuration of the RFC connection with the TREX admin tool (stand-alone) is only available as of SAP Basis Component SAP_BASIS 6.20 SP58, 6.40 SP16, and 7.0 SP6. If you are using TREX with an SAP system based on an earlier support package, you have to configure the RFC connection manually as described in the SAP NetWeaver 04 Installation Guide for Search and Classification (TREX) 6.1. You can find this guide on the SAP Service Marketplace atservice.sap.com/instguides SAP NetWeaver Released 04 Installation Cross-NW Installation Guide Search and Classification TREX 6.1.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

I am creating the RFC connection through the TREX Admin tool at Standalone engine.

RFC is creating but program is not registering in the system it is showing error in the GUI rfc connection test is "unable to register program".

And as mentioned earlier my landscape is upgraded to EHP 7, so  SAP Basis component SAP_BASIS is 740 SP6, and my trex version is Trex7.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to connect via SAP and if not clear then follow the link:

Configuring the RFC Connection in the TREX Admin Tool (SAP Library - Search and Classification TREX)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

I have created the RFC in the TREX admin tool and when i tried to connect with SAP only i found  the error in the RFC connection, rfc connection test is not success.

Could you please tell me is TREX 7.0 is support the EHP 7 or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First you tell me you refer the attached document or not ?

Yes, it is compatible with same basis component and if you are not clear then i iwll suggest you to take the help of an basis guy.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You shailendra,

Yes i referred the your attached document and i followed the same thing but still the issue is same.