Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Update Report

former_member314807
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can you please provide me a solution for the below scenario:

At the time of master data update from BW to BPC client wants to see the updated master data reports in excel file.

Exmp:

Existing number of Master data (IDs) before BW update : 1000

Today : I updated the master data into bpc from BW:10

Now they want to generate a report for only updated recoreds that is "10" and along with this they want to see is there any changes (property values) happen with the existing master data as well and this activity should be included in the package link of master data update and a Email noticafication should be triggered to the concerned person.

Please help me

Regards

Srikant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Enable Admin Audit and it will show everything you need.

Regards,

Gersh

former_member314807
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Garesh

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can we schedule this report on daily basis?

Can we configure to Email notification as well for this report?

Regards

Srikant

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

There are no standard tools to do this except you can export that report into a CSV file.

It's probably possible to find out what program runs it and call it, but this will require some ABAP coding.

Regards,

Gersh

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Looks like you need it for some audit purposes. Then it's better to provide audit team the access to BPC audit reports and they will be able to run reports when required.

Vadim

rishi4892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

You can add one property (like Timestamp on master data, to store the last updated time).

and while creating Report select the members from Dimension by this property (if Timestamp is greater than X time ).

then it will show the Dimension member in Report which are new (i.e. grater than time X).

hope this will help.

thanks,

Rishi

former_member314807
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi

Yes it is a good solution but how i will fill Timestamp property value autometically for only updated IDs?

Regards

Srikant

rishi4892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

It can be done if we update master data via BAdI's , so we can assign current time from ABAP Code to master data property.

thanks,

Rishi

rishi4892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

You can use the BW tables UJU_AUDACTHDR, UJU_AUDACTDET

they have a common field ACT_HDR_ID, time stamp is stored in UJU_AUDACTHDR table, and new dimensions added are stored in UJU_AUDACTDET table.

thanks,

Rishi

rishi4892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

I have attached the screenshots of above table.

hope this will help,

thanks,

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

If you change the master data from 1000 to 10, the old 1000 will still be in BPC, you can just report the new master data 10.

maybe you can try enable audit on data manager import to track the master data changes.

Andy