cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build an oData Service to expose DBA Cockpit Monitoring data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to build an oData Service which exposes some DBA IBM DB2 Monitoring data. (Transaction: ST06 or ST04)

Every tutorial is showing how to import an RFC, DDIC ...  but how can I find out which RFC, DDIC Structure I have to import to expose some data from the DBA Cockpit to generate an ODATA service.

Please help...

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Check whether any standard RFC's available for this trsansactions, for example you can use the RFM

'SAPWL_GET_STATRECS_FRAME' in Gateway to generate the Odata Service for ST03N  transaction,

or else try to fetch the data using tables provided by Ashwin inside Gateway methods.

refer below link for CRUD operations...

http://scn.sap.com/community/gateway/blog/2014/03/06/let-s-code-crudq-and-function-import-operations...

Regards,

VIjay V

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joe,

U need to have knowledge on the underlying code/logic or FM to get the data and expose.

Once u know the logic u can consume that in GW level with appropriate CRUD operations.

Refer which might help u .

Regards,

Ashwin

former_member187859
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Two points:

1. Generally speaking one way to find RFCs in a particular piece of source code would be to do a search for the string 'DESTINATION' in the main program.  In this case, navigate in SE38 to program RSHOST1N and click the little binoculars and search for that text.  Make sure the 'In main program' radio button is selected.  The results should include many many RFC function calls, and perhaps you can figure out which ones suit your needs from there.
  2. If you like, be more specific about what information you're looking to get from this program.  I may be able to figure it out if I know what you're specifically looking for.

Thanks,

Paul

Message was edited by: Paul J. Modderman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many many thanks,

i want to build an odata service which exposes some data from my IBM DB2 database.

For example data like:

Buffer Pools

KB

Catalog Cache

KB

%

Data

Average Time

ms

ms

Buffer Quality

%

%

%

Index

Former Member
0 Kudos

so don´t get me wrong. I want expose data which describes the database environment(e.g. health...)

Thank you very much for your help.

I really appreciate that.

former_member187859
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I don't have a DB2 database in my development system, but looking through the ST04 code I can see an RFC function module 'STU3_GET_SYSWIDE_NEW' that appears to gather much of the DB2 monitoring data. 

I suggest doing the following: set a breakpoint inside this FM and then call the monitoring transaction as you normally would.  When the breakpoint hits, you can see all the correct parameters the calling program is using to get this data, and then you can simulate this inside your Gateway service logic. 

Let me know if you have more questions.  Sorry I couldn't help more - DB2 is not in my environment.

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the function module what you mentioned „STU3…“ I imported it everything worked fine till I came to the point where I had to generate the runtime objects...

A message shows up „Action not possible"

Failure was the following:

Does anyone know what does it mean? Google couldn´t help me.

Thanks