cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas - Language Support

0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a query from my customer about the language support that SAP Screen Personas provide.

I tried to test the scenario by creating a demo flavor in English and then Creating OTR objects from Personas Administration Tcode.

I then maintained the translations in chinese to the new concepts that are created on SOTR_EDIT.

Now, when I again reload the Personas Flavor and select the chinese language, the particular text is still displayed in english.

I even tried adding and removing the optional parameter Sap.Language from the SPRO configurations but that too didnt help.

Am I missing something or is there some other way to maintain the translations?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Mahip Singh Saluja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

while creating OTR object i am getting error that alias name is more than 50 characters or contain invalid characters. I get this error for all the flavors created. Can you suggest any solution please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Sorry Tamas, incorrectly addressed your name above.

while creating OTR object i am getting error that alias name is more than 50 characters or contain invalid characters. I get this error for all the flavors created. Do you know any solution please?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Those alias names don't seem to be longer than 50 characters in the above screen shot, so my guess would be that the OTR object creation doesn't like some characters in the aliases. I checked the admin transaction code and there is some pattern matching performed when the alias name is determined, but I'm not sure what's the reason behind it. This happens in program /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI_F01, subroutine PREPARE_OTR_ALIAS_DATA.

I wasn't aware of a restriction regarding this so I'm afraid I cannot offer a quick solution to the problem. I think an OSS incident would be the way to go here...

One thing though: it appears the aliases are related to some Z fields in IW21? Are these a part of a custom enhancement? If yes, any way to change those field names so they don't cause issues in Personas translation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for this reply, let me check if there are any Z fields in IW21.

Much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Yes there is a Z field in notification as highlighted below. Do you have any suggestion how to proceed or you still recommend raising OSS message?

Thanks & Regards,

Avinash

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hm... I don't think this Z field has a relation to the alias in the other screen shot, so the OSS route is probably the best to clarify why the alias name is built in a way that clashes with the pattern check.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As it turns out, the Prepare for Translation feature doesn't like if there is a blank (space) in the flavor name. So make sure to replace the spaces in a flavor name with an underscore and it should work then.

Answers (0)