cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate immediate change transfer of Z-table values from ECC to table /SAPAPO/MATLOC in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some plant specific material values stored in Z-table in ECC.

How to activate immediate change transfer of these Z-table values from ECC to table /SAPAPO/MATLOC in APO?

Is message type CIFMAT (Transaction: BD52) relevant for these? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Surajit Das

+32-492397875

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhglass
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Looking at this from another perspective, you're probably going to need to make sure there is a change pointer configured for the z-table. To do that, you'll need to make sure there are change documents.

At a very high level...

1. Use SCDO to create change documents for the z-table fields. This will generate a function. You need to call the function in the save user exit for material master. It will put the usual entries in CDHDR/CDPOS.

2. Use BD52, the same configuration that is used to determine which fields trigger a transfer to APO, to add your fields. The message is most likely CIFMAT. You will add your z-object type from SCDO to the CIFMAT fields. Change pointers are a follow-on from change documents.

That should do it. You should see entries in BDCP2 that are processed when you send the data via CFM2 (or the scheduled batch program).

You will probably need to change the enhancement everyone has mentioned to get the fields into the CIF function.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit Das,

Please read this note:

1534157 - Transfer of material master data from R/3 to APO : Extend
CIF structure via User Exit

Also, note that according to the SCN rRules of Engagement, you should not share your email and telephone number:

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mariano,

By mistake I typed my phone number. It was in flow. I generally do not type my phone number. Will keep this in mind next time.

I already checked the sap note 1534157 you proposed. The user exit at ECC side is not hit when changing the Z-tabe entry in ECC. Thus the change transfer is not taking place.

The Z-table is not extension of MARC. It is an independent table. Can you suggest how to activate immediate change transfer for this independent Z-table?

Regards,

Surajit Das

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit Das,

I would try with BAdI: SMOD_APOCF005 at APO Side.

This BAdI will be triggered when the materials are CIF'd. At this time, you can try to use the BAdI to get the info from your custom table in ECC using FM 'RFC_READ_TABLE'.

Take a look of this document, in which I used both things: the BAdI and the FM. In my case I am not collecting info from a custom table, but you get an idea:

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mariano,

Thanks for the document. I checked the same.

In our case, we need to CIF immediate change (transfer) from ECC Z-fields of independnt Z-tables to APO product master (in either standard field or custom developed fields, say AT104, ZZAT106 in APO).

Is there a way to achieve the same?

Thanks & Regards,

Surajit Das

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit Das

You could probably create a program in ECC and another program in APO side to process what you want thru a file loaded in a FTP.

In case to be possible to do it asynchronously (one time per day, 2 times per day, n times per day, but not immediately), I would do this:

- Run your program in ECC. The program will save a txt file in a ftp location with the changes done in your custom table in ECC. The program will need to identity when there is a new entry..

- Run your program in APO. This program will access the file from the ftp and will make the changes in APO.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mariano,

Thanks for the suggestion.

But in our case the expectation is to have the field changes immediately in APO and not at intervals.

Regards,

Surajit Das

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Surajit Das,

In this case, you can trigger the job in APO as soon as you create the entry in your custom table.

Check this thread that explains how your can trigger a PC chain in APO directly from ECC. Then the process chian in APO should execute the program to update the entry in APO side.

I think this will work.

Check and let me know.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

CIFMAT message type has to be checked in BD50. I think you did this already. In BD52 for CIFMAT message type, add the field MMSTA with table MARC.Then any changes to MMSTA will trigger an immediate transfer of the entire material master. Sorry, the field alone will not transfer.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

I misread your message. Transferring Z-table fields is discussed elsewhere in SCN. I can't help you with that.

Mike