cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Terms Substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am able to substitute the default payment term from vendor master to other payment term(Constant) through Substitution in the line item. The problem is system is not changing the baseline date to new baseline date from substituted payment terms instead the baseline date is of the default payment term. This is causing the net due date to be of the default terms.

But when in change mode of the document if i make the baseline date blank and press enter system is calculating the baseline date correct which is of substituted payment term.

How to make the system automatically change the baseline date from default to substituted payment term baseline.

Any inputs are highly appretiated.

Jayesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may have put your logic in BTE OPEN_FI_PERFORM_00001120_P through implicit enhancement.

Check out below blog which has requirement to change the baseline date. You can add code to replace baseline date and payment terms.

Thanks,

V V

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is why to change the payment terms? The payment terms are already agreed and mentioned in Purchase Order, then it should not be changed.

If you have a requirement to change the payment terms, why do not you create a new payment terms and assign that one to the vendor master rather than changing every time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi/Mani

Thanks for the quick response, these are FI invoices , the requirement is that the payment term should change as per docunent type keeping vendor master payment terms intact. I have created substitution per doc.type.

I am not sure why system Is not changing the baseline date(not refreshed) when substituted payment terms are updated in line item.

Any thoughts to rectify this issue?

Jayesh

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you also included the baseline date in your substitution. Otherwise, please try to change the substitution.

If you enter manually changing the terms of payment, then the baseline date is changing (refreshing), however, this may not be the case when trying through substitution.

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

I am not sure to change base line date after substitute the payment term in vendor line item. Due to that line item data already saved in tempporary tables. You must use user exit in substitution and just remove the base line date before enter the payment term through substitution through coding.

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

May i get some help on using user exit for this , i am new to using user exits.

Advanced thanks for help.

Jayesh.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please talk to your ABAPer.

Your ABAPer may write a User Exit, which needs to be used in Substitution. This would be triggered, whenever the action is called.

Write your substitution in GGB1 (Here you use your user exit), then assign the same in OBBH