Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What model system had selected during forecast based Planning

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I am implementing forecast based planning for spare parts planning for my client. Following are the settings for the material master record.

1. MRP type-VV

2. Forecast model field - empty

3. Initialization indicator - X (Initialization by system)

With above settings I carried out forecast run trial for a set of materials. After the forecast run when I checked the Material master I could see three categories.

1. For some materials system had selected Constant Model D and it had populated D in Forecast model field after forecast run

2. For some materials system had selected Trend Model T and it had populated T in Forecast model field after forecast run

3. For some materials system had not populated any thing in Forecast model field after forecast run, but it had calculated forecast values ?

I have attached the screen shots for all.

I require your valuable inputs on what model system had calculated forecast values for third category i.e., How to know the model ?

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

Whether anyone can give me input on what model, system had calculated forecast values for third category ?  (details in my original post)

i.e., How to know the model ?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If you are using automatic model selection procedure 2, system will choose the model with the lowest MAD provided that the tracking limit is not exceeded (the tracking limit is used to gauge whether the

selected model is appropriate for the historical time series). If the tracking limit is exceeded, the relevant forecast model will be eliminated. If no forecast can be selected using this process, then a

constant model will be used (model D).

Please read carefully the following note for more details:

921554 - Forecast model automatically reset to 'D'

If you want to have trend models selected for all the materials, you should make sure that there are enough historical values and extend the tracking limit.

BR
Caetano

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Caetano,

Thanks for immediate response.

What model system had used to calculate forecast values for screen shot 1.Because there is no model populated after forecast run.

Whereas in screen shot 2 and 3 it was populated as trend and constant model.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.