cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization in Purchasing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago a posted a question about the use of generic reléase codes for managers of different company codes or business áreas.

As I understand the answers, one can use generic reléase codes and restrict the approval with autorization objects like M_BEST_WRK (plant-restricción) so that managers from one plant can not approve the purchasing documents of other plants for which they are not autorized (although they share the same reléase code!)

Nevertheless I still got left with the following doubt:

All the managers with lets say have release code "SM"  (Senior managers) in their profile, will be able to see in the ME55 and ME28 the purchasing documents of the other plants (although through restrictions with autorization object M_BEST_WRK will not be able to approve them!)?

This is a situation my client does not want to occur. If the "visibility" of the purchasing documents for approval, is not restricted by autorization object M_BEST_WKR, how can one acomplish this. Does one need to créate a ZME55 or a ZME28 to filter?

Thanks for any reply.

Aart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aart Engbersen wrote:

All the managers with lets say have release code "SM"  (Senior managers) in their profile, will be able to see in the ME55 and ME28 the purchasing documents of the other plants (although through restrictions with autorization object M_BEST_WRK will not be able to approve them!)?

No. (s)he will not able to see these purchase requisitions which has created with a plant but the user is not authorized for the plant.

For Example:

I've two users. One is having only authorization for plant LXK1 and another is having authorization for all plants

I've created two purchase requisitions as 10001514 for plant LX01 and 10001515 for plant LXK1.

When I execute ME55 for the user (who is having authorization for all plants), he can see both preqs.

But when I execute the t-code ME55 from this user (who is having authorization only for plant LXK1)

He can able to see the preq with only for the plant LXK1.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has 2 information messages for the ME55 and ME28 transactions which should be self explaining:

ME235List incomplete due to missing authorizations
ME236No selection possible due to missing authorizations