cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 4.0: Link Collection disappears after selecting one of the links.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone share advice on the following issue/observation....

Within PFCG we have setup a folder (Service Map) and assigned a number of sub-folders as Link Collections, with a number of entries assigned to each sub-folder as seen below.

Within NWBC, when we click one of the web links it opens a new tab and loads the web page but we lose the Link Collection within the Navigation Panel.

Is there anyway we can keep the Link Collection visible in these cases?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Yes, I've just tested this. It seems that if you follow a normal menu item (from a normal folder), then you can still see the navigation panel, whereas if you follow a link from a link collection, you can't.

I will try to find out why this is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for looking into this Julie.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I talked to the development team about this. Originally, links in a link collection automatically opened in a "standalone" window - ie a window with no shell. Now, by default they open in a new tab, but retain the "no-shell" behaviour in this respect.

Rather than creating these PFCG entries as a "Link Collection" , you could perhaps create them as a normal folder - also perhaps calling it "You can Also /    See Also /      Create New / Services" or whatever, , but specify that they open "In New Window" rather than "In Place".

The links would then appear in the navigation panel, and the navigation panel would not disappear.

At present, we are not intending to change this behaviour. If we start another Customer Connection at any point, then this type of feature would be a candidate. We could then see how many customers want to change this. At present, however, we have not scheduled a customer connection.

Best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again Julie, appreciate the follow up and feedback.

As we have now successfully completed our NWBC PoC and this is only a minor issue, we are happy with how things stand.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I checked our own system and got the same result as you describe. I expect this is working as designed but I agree it might be a good improvement request.

Sorry I can't give you a work around.

Simon