Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. F5506 G/L account is not defined for company code FICO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your help on below;

We have just upgraded from SAP 4.7 to 6.0. So while performing testing activity on Vendor Down payment request (F-47) after entering the vendor account no which is already there in the system, I am getting error message like G/L account 53250025 is not defined for company code,Message no. F5506 . What ever the G/L system is referring is not at all belongs to this particular vendor group and this is not there  in FS00, the GL that is relevant here is reconciliation account (13250000) which was created and the settings are fine in FS00 . I even checked FK02 ,correct GL has been assigned to vendor reconciliation account category. Please advise how come a strange account which is no where related to this vendor can come here ?

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divya_klsv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the T.Code: VKOA assignment. It is possible that wrong G/L is maintained in the combination.

Regards

Divya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for your inputs. Now I am getting another error .In FBKP under account type Vendor ,spl. GL indicator F I have changed properties (selected the noted items , selected the DP/DPR and target spl. Gl indicator changed to 'F' . Similarly I changed to (ADCDFH) respectively to relevant places.  But still I am not able to post Down Payment request using F-47 because of below error. Could some one please help me  on this . If any note needs to be applied please provide note no. as well. Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Special G/L indicator F is not defined for down payments

Message no. F5053

Diagnosis

The specified special G/L indicator is not classified as "down payment" or
not listed in the list of the target special G/L indicators for indicator
"F".

System Response

The entry is not accepted.

Procedure

Enter an allowed special G/L indicator or initiate a change of the default
settings.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search and try first yourself, otherwise you are missing the opportunity to learn anything new.

May be this is useful:

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

At the time of F-47, you have to provide the special GL indicator as 'A ' not 'F'. I think you have provided as 'F'. Because of this the system is throwing error.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I tried giving  Special GL indicator F and A .. Finally got the solution after implementing the tips given by Ravi sankar.

Thanks to one and all ..for your valuable inputs..

Before closing this discussion I have one last query.. In FBKP I could see a GL account under special Gl indicator section which is against to account type K. So my question is until I maintain a GL account in FS00 with SPL.GL .Indicator no. appearing over there ,how does the system allowed postings that have been done before without showing error message F5506 GL a/c not defined  so far. If this has been done earlier I would not get the other error.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you very much for your input . Now the problem is solved after I created SPL. GL. account in FS00.

Before closing this discussion I have one last query.. In FBKP I could see a GL account under special Gl indicator section which is against to account type K. So my question here is until I maintain a GL account in FS00 with SPL.GL .Indicator no. appearing over there ,how does the system allowed postings that have been done before without showing error message F5506 GL a/c not defined  so far. If this has been done earlier I would not get this error.

Do I need to apply any note to avoid error Message no. F5053  , while doing postings using other vendor accounts ?

If so please provide the note no .. so that I will ask my Tech team to apply note.

Note : We  have just completed  upgrading Project system. Dev & Qty system's are yet to upgrade.

Thanks in advance

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Krishna,

Pleasse check House Bank configuration for company code in transaction FBZP. Check G/L assigned in house is belongs to company code or not. Might this help.

Regards,

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krishna,

This is the common problem so many facing after up gradation of system, after up gradation  Basis team needs to implement suggested notes by SAP. please check and confirm with your Basis team  and try with  ravi sankar referred  notes if you not found solution please raise a request to SAP with your Configuration confirmation.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Check the GL account in FS00 for the co.code, which has assigned in FBKP for special GL transaction for K (Vendor) & F (Down payment request). This GL account has mapped to your vendor reconcilation account which has maintained in the vendor master data.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thanks for your immediate reply. I have checked in FBKP for SPL. GL transaction for Vendors and Down payment request . The GL a/c no (53250025) system is throwing error has been assigned against to Vendor reconciliation account. Seems assignment is fine with Vendor master data . Still system is not allowing me to go further.