Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing PDF spools

former_member183984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to confirm if it is possible to print a pdf spool without configuring Adobe Document Services (not downloading otf,alv,smart as pdf file to PC)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

you have to make more clear what you are asking here.

You ask, if it is possible to process a SAP Interactive Form by Adobe (with or without interactive elements) the answer is no.

You want to create a pdf into the spool from a list or smartforms/sapscript the answer is yes.

You want more details, please precise your question.

~Florian

former_member183984
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks a lot Florian for the answer.

As you can see in the screenshot below, a PDF spool request is created.

To generate the PDF spool, I have configured ADS and tested the FP_TEST_00 program.

To be precise in my questions:

1. Can a pdf spool be created, if ADS is not configured?

As I mentioned earlier, NOT converting a normal spool to pdf files such as RSTXPDFT4

2. Suppose there is an existing spool, an OTF or SMART file, can I create/reprint it as PDF spool (As mentioned in the screenshot, a spool with the pdf icon, as a pdf spool).

I hope am clear enough now.

thanks and regards

Shashank

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2. Suppose there is an existing spool, an OTF or SMART file, can I create/reprint it as PDF spool (As mentioned in the screenshot, a spool with the pdf icon, as a pdf spool).

I don't know enough to really advise, but would not even try it without ADS. From Administering XDC Files for SAP Device Types (Report RSPO0022):

When printing Interactive Forms, the complete form is sent to the Adobe Document Services in XML format. These services return “parts” for the forms. A part always consists of a PDF file and a print file (PostScript, PCL, or ZPL), which are placed in the Global Directory.

The "ADS spool" consists not just of PDfs (which is device independent format), but also of so called print files. The place where all the attempts to mimic ADS behaviour will IMO fail as unfeasible, is trying to manage XDC - a printer description in XML format the ADS requires to create the print files - and creating the print files itself.

cheers

Janis

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are able to do this.

As mentioned above it is not possible for SAP Adobe interactive Forms but you can create a pdf spool direct.

Of course your printing programs need to be modified a little

~Florian