cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Development In BI BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am deployed to develop PS in BW 3.5 BI 7.0. I am working for the first time.

I am familiar with LO extraction hence hope to gather information from SCN. For this i have few queries to be answered and suggestion by you.

1.What are the initial phases i have to perform

2.What are settings and configuration I have to do both side(ECC/BW)

3. How should I escalate my project.

4. What are the things I have to analyse to which area start developing standard report

5. Whether to use BW concept of Transfer Rules and updates Rules or BI 7.0 Transformation and Migrations.

Please guide me in detail.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Taniya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reporting is last phase.

So please first get the exact requirement or out put format form client/users.

later check about source tables and standard data sources.

Once you got above information, later find(cubes) and maintain data into bw cubes.

After that you can try to develop report format.

Even standard reports might be available, based on cube(ex: 0PS_C04) name you can search about standard query names in BI content.

Like Cube name is - 0PS_C04,

standard query name which is built on above cube, will like this

0PS_C04_Q*

standard data sources which used for PS are

0CO_OM* and 0PS_*.

You check those data sources at source side - RSA5.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a requirement they have told me to provide them all standard report on 0PS_C04,C02,C03,C08.

Please advice I have done BI Content Installation for all PS objects.

I am only one who has to do everything and its my very first new development.

Hope for your suggestion and guide lines.

Thanks

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

When you install the BI Content you can see all the Standard reports on that infoprovider. If you think you need to check what are the  activated objects in your system you can go to metadeta repisotory and check.  If you find you need some other objects then you can again install them from BI Content.

Further more, you can take help of help.sap.com and find the standard query list on that infoprovider.  Did you install all the queries?

Thanks Aparajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You  Aparajit.

Yes I have installed most of Bi Content related to PS Specially C02,C03,C04 & C08 Cube and multiproviders on these cubes.

What i have to do on ECC side other than activating Master,Text & Transactional DS and replicating them in BI.

Taniya

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Taniya,

You have to have the all PS master data like 0project_attr, 0wbs_attr, 0network and related text datasource. In transaction data 0co_om_wbs* will be required and if you are using net work then 0co_om_ntw and if you are using network element 0co_om_nae also. If you have 0PS_C04 business content data flow below you will get all the relevant ETLs

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

Thanks alot again.

Yes I have activated all master datasources in ECC and using 0PS_C04 cube.

But as it is new development do I require to check or made any setting both in ECC/BI. Else state away activating,replicating, installing and transporting is enough.

please guide me in the way how to execute this development in proper way.

Thanks alot again. Hope alot again

Regards

taniya

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Taniya,

1) First get a project definition in ecc which carries all relevant data in dev system.

2) Run RSA3 for the relevant data source and check whether the datasource is brining in the correct data for eg 0co_om_wbs 1,3,6 & other datasources,

3) Functionaly it will depend on how planning is done for cost and revenue (CJ40/cj42) in ECC. so check whether they are doing at the cost element or at a particular wbs level.

4) The 0CO_OM* data source can be categorized into two, one brings the planned value and other actuals. For eg 0_CO_OM_WBS_6 brings actuals for wbs related actuals

There are no other specific change to be done in ECC to populate data for this.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I am so much thankful for your replies and knowledge sharing.

As advised, I have loaded master data,text data and Transaction data for some datasource mapped on 0PS_C04.

I didn't make any changes at ECC. I have used below data sources which has data available while loading

0CO_OM_WBS_1 and WBS_6., 0CO_OM_OPA_6,

0CO_OM_OPA_1,

0CO_OM_NWA_2,

0CO_OM_NWA_1.

I got error loading master ds such as 0WBS_ELEMT_TEXT ---

Error

Similar error I am facing for 0Activity_Text

One more warning I am getting Assign LANG IOBJ, Short Dump Error.

Please advice.

Thanks

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanya

Is the "Language Dependent" checkbox checked in your InfoObjects?

Please uncheck that and try loading again. Hope this helps

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I tried this but didn't activated info object.

After your reply it works.

regards

taniya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Taniya,

What is the kind of reports you are looking in PS. Can you elaborate in detail , as PS is a huge area and has its on complexities.

To start with you can check for documents 0PS_C04 in BW as this is one of the BI content cube.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

I am going to develop CJI3 REPORT & PS standard reports.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Taniya,

can you tell me on what ehp level you are in ECC, if you are on EHP6 0PS_10 & 0PS_20 will serve your purpose for producing the CJI3 and project profitability reports where you mostly compare the profitability of various version of your projects.

If you are onlower Ehps you have to use the standard 0CO_OM_* datasource to bring in the same data.

For basically to start with please clarify with your team

1) How many versions will be maintained for one project and how many of them will be relevant for reporting

2) How are they going to do revenue & cost planning.

3) what is the content of the report and frequency required for data loading.

IF you have the complete functional requirements in place , it can be achieved with standard PS datasources

Regards

GN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really thank you for your response.

I will collect above mention input.. But before they are asking me to give standard PS reports in SAP BI BW. Along with that management is asking to develop CJI3 report.

So what is my approach. please guide.

Thanks Again

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Taniya,

I think this question should be asked in BI/BO forum not in SAP PS. As a PS consultant I would be more involved in getting the reporting requirements from Business (PS area)  which needs to be catered from BI.

The most I would be doing is preparing the FS for the reports which needs to be developed in BI.

Lets wait for others as well...

Cheers

Sammar