cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-recruiting in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have installed (and adapted) the e-recruiting component. Everything is working as planned.

Now we would like for internal candidate to access their screen / application using the portal.

We managed to create a webdynpro iview, add it to a page and role, and display the start screen as needed.

However, when the candidate try to access a publication/offer, the WDA try to open a new page, and then display an error stating that the action is not autorized.

Does anyone know what i need to to to autorize this action ?

As an added difficulty, the portail in version 7.01, while the ERecruiting application is 7.3, so i don't know if component are needed.

best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will begin by assuming that you have completed all the prerequisites to be able to connect portal to the R/3 like system connections and SSO.

You might have just added the candidate role in the portal however, the same has to be added to the user account int he backend. Typically, as a preparation, you are supposed to first map backend roles with portal roles using groups which will eliminate the need to add roles in both portal and R/3. You just maintain it in the backend.

Another part I dont understand is why you would say that you "created" a WD iview when it is standard delivered object available in ESS. Also, when you created an iview, I believe you have assigned the right component from the backend?

Hope this helps!

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have completed all the prerequisites. Connection between the portal and the EREC system is OK and working. Interactions with the WDA in the portal for the internal candidate are also working :  we can display the screen, search for a job... and so on.

The problem is when we select a job offer, the WDA try yo launch another WDA in a second window, and that the portal block this operation stating that we do not have the autorisation for this action.

the EREC system is a 7.3.

The dev portal is a 7.01, (7.00 SP17)  where the ESS E-Recruting have not been added. Since a move to the 7.3 portal is expected in a few month, i've been asked to minimize operations on the current one, thus my wish to add the minimum (ie one role/worset/page/iview)