cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: how to navigate to one web page by a given url from Personas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

I have a url ponting to a web page (eg a Dashboard page). Now I want to create a UI control, eg, a HTML viewer or maybe a script button, so that I can press this control to go to that page.

Does anyone know how I can make this? By the way, I saw that there should be a Whitelist to be set to contain the url, is this right? If so, how to set this Whitelist then?

Thanks a lot!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here is a working example:

Have a script button, a text box and your HTML viewer.

The address can be typed into the text box, and the Refresh button with call the specified Web page in your HTML viewer.

The HTML viewer is defined like this:

Key 1 points to the control ID of the text box.

The script:

The result after entering an address and pressing 'Refresh':

The whitelist is maintained in the IMG. Go to the Personas area in SPRO and you can maintain the whitelist there. Entering * will allow any URL, or you can use explicit URLs / wildcards as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Big thanks for your great help!

Just one more thing, my original idea was that if I press the Refresh button, I want to have the url page opened in a new window instead of in the HTML viewer control as it is a big web page.

Do you know how to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Dong

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That's the easiest thing... use a Launch Website step in your script. Like this:

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Let me correct myself... in the first example (the embedded one), all you need in the script is a Refresh HTML Viewer command. The copy/paste was a leftover from an earlier experiment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks very much! Marked yours as Correct. "like" them.

Br,

Dong

Answers (0)