Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Replication Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

Please help me out for the below scenario:

I would need to send an email notification when the Data replication is either Success or failure. When the Data replication is success, I would need to send an e mail to one team. when the Data replication is failed, an email to be sent to different team.

Also, if there is a difference in the approaches with SOA or IDOC for Replication, it would be of a great help if you can let me know the difference as well for data replication and as well as Email notifications.

Thanks,

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please rethink your approach. Replication is done either through IDOC or SOA. Usually, your interface team is responsible for monitoring these. The job of an MDG workflow is to make sure data is updated successfully in the active area. Once it moves to "replication", the interface team should take over. You should not tightly couple both processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know once the Data is updated successfully in the active area, and moved to Replication, and once it is replicated, The MDG system would not get any acknowledgment from ECC indicating the Data replication process ( Success or failure ). If so, how we would need to know whether the data got successfully replicated in ECC.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Anusha

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anusha

The best way is to trigger workflow in ECC. Once the idoc is successful, you can send the workitem to the respective owners.

Normally the workflow is trigger for error records and not for successful records.

Kiran

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anusha

Check this document for details....

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the reply.

I already went though the document. I would like to know when the Data replication process is success/failure, would there be any status/acknowledgement back to the system indicating the status ?

Infact, I would like to know how can I be aware that Data replication is successful or failure.

Thank you.

Anusha

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anusha

You get a message back from the receiver system and you can check it in DRF log. You can monitor the success or failure of the IDOC through job in ECC. If job fails, trigger the email notification to the respective users.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thank you so much for your clarification. i would like to know if it is the same through SOA Configuration as well or any changes come into picutre. If so, could you please share.

Thanks,

Anusha

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes....Same is for SOA too.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

We are using Idoc method to replicate the objects. So, it would be helpful if you can provide some of the IDoc related documents.

Also, could you please let me know what would be the job name that gets created for replication. Also, what kind of messages we would be getting back from ECC to MDG indicating the Data replication status.

Kindly help.

Best Regards,

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Any points would be highly  helpful.

thanks,

anusha

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anusha

Please refer to the Replication set up guide which has all the information on how to set up the replication model.

Set up it accordingly and then let us know if you face any issue.

Configuring ALE for Master Data Governance for Financials - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP Library

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

In reviewing the attachment by SAP, I came to realized that this doc is written based on a situation in which an email notification can be sent out when a change request is approved. this is one step before data replication.  But this is not what we wanted to find out though. What we want to know is that how to best architecture the solution if we wanted an email to be sent out when master data records (new add and change) are successfully updated in various ECC tables? Likewise, how to send out an email when master data records (new and change) are not succesfully updated in ECC with MDG-F Data Replication? Please let us know if you have any thought about this requirement. it could be a bad idea as we really don't quite understand the data replication logic with SOA. 

Thanks,

Yaofei