cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on log in

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Business One version 9.0 doesn't support logging in same user name at the same time. However there are some cases client wants to share their user id to their colleagues. Is there any query I can create to prompt the second user that the first user is still log in? Or any possible way around how can I not allow the second user to use the id that still in use?

Will appreciate all your answers.

Mahj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check SAP note:

1815509 - "License Abuse Prevention" mechanism in SAP Business One

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

former_member186712
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not possible in SAP 9 to use 1 license at the same time.

My suggestion is that your customer has to buy more licenses.

Regards,

Augusto

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is a common log in for a particular department, and we all agree to use that since they are not regular users. But my question is that it that possible to  create an alert to prompt the second user that there's still user who is still using that account?

former_member186712
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In B1, you can't run anything because the 2nd user is not logged on.

In SQL you can run this query comparing if the dates and times of the logins

select

User_code, lastlogin, LstLoginT, LstLogoutD, LstLogoutT from ousr

Hope it helps

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with USR5 table for access details.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats the use of this

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get user access details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

9.0 not allow one id to open two client at a same time, not like previous version, one id can open 2 at the same times in a same DB.

Anyway, how do you prompt the 2nd user if he/she can't login?

When 2nd user trying to login with id that already in use, system will display a message "cannot log on; the user is already connected to the same company."

Would suggest those colleagues who are sharing id should communicate and plan well when using the SAP id.

Or other way is just downgrade to 8.8, only if your license can support.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga, your statement "When 2nd user trying to login with id that already in use, system will display a message "cannot log on; the user is already connected to the same company." is not really happening if the user has a limited license. it's only applicable in manager user.

Do you think I can create alert to prompt the second user? can you share a query for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean if the user own a limited license, the user ID can be open in 2 clients at the same times? Systems will not prompt any message?

Sorry, I not sure about the query.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. I mean, there's no prompt message like "cannot log on; the user is already connected to the same company."  It will automatically log out the first user and the second user can use the account. What should I do to prevent the second user from that without the verbally informing the second user?

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi..

By standard behavior it is not possible..

Rgds

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ken, can you suggest any work around?