cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IQ Internal error. Please report this to Sybase IQ support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

I am new on Sybase IQ and working on a stored procedures that run on the Sybase IQ environment and have come across an error that keeps cropping up every time I test one of my stored procedures.  I get an Internal error. idx_b_surname_hg ???? with a SQLCODE=-1006003, ODBC 3 State="HY000".  I have tried dropping the table and its indexes and re-create everything but on the second test the error shows up.  This only happens for one index and the rest go through.

Can someone please assist and explain why this error keeps coming back even though the table and indexes are being recreated.

Your response will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Regards

Phelisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What does your SP do? Are you attempting some form of cursor-based looping?  Does it update the column?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Basically the stored procedure is supposed to update an existing table without recreating it or the indexes but it seems to be recreating the table as it gives the error when the surname idx is being created and the ones above that work out fine.

0 Kudos

Hi Phelisa,
The error is probably coming from s_ohcIter.cxx not s_odcOter.cxx, which has to do with LargeDelete execution.
We would have to see what your stored procedure code , exact version of IQ and as Saroj mentioned iqmsg section where the error message is being thrown.

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post complete error msg and if any non-fatal stack from .iqmsg  for internal error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj

I tried attaching the file but it keeps on failing.  The full error message is : Could not execute statement.  IQ Internal error.  Please report this to Sybase IQ support.  pmoss.dq_beneficiary.idx_b_surname_hg 15 ???

-- (s_ohcOter.cxx 822)

SQLCODE=-1006003, ODBC 3 State="HY000"

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to attach complete .iqmsg , just post complete error msg and Non-Fatal stack trace  and select @@version

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using version 12

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

start_iq -v2

or login to  IQ server

select @@version

and complete error msg and non-Fatal stack grace from .iqmsg