cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase control center throws error while Configuring mailserver

0 Kudos

Sybase control center  throws the following  error while Configuring mailserver.

I am  using default port 25 .

I was able to  send email via  unix mailx command from the  unix server on which this  sybase server runs .

sybase control centre is running perfectly without any errors.

Error

=========

There was an error updating the e-mail target in the repository.

javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException : Exception invoking method validateSMTPServer

mail.genmills.com Connection attempt with mail.apt.com SMTP Server failed. Please ensure that the SMTP server is up and running. javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: No authentication mechansims supported by both server and client.

=========

Could you  please let me know  whether there is any workaround/fix for this issue.

Regards,

AK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lakinhari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Having the same error as above.

We have ASE SYASE 15.7 not SYBASE IQ. Can I use IQ Cockpit

Please let me know if there is a workaround. Am i missing any libraries . This is pretty urgent

brgds

Lakshmi Reddy

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You would use the latest SCC plugin for ASE for that.

Chris

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use ASE cockpit  bundled with ASE 16 sp01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Unfortunately i face the same problem but there was no response

I wish someone found it.

As AK, SCC functions rather good. the same thing that does not work is sending alerts.

When i configure the email server, ( and i know the hostname and port are correct ), it throws the same error :

There was an error updating the e-mail target in the repository.

javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException : Exception invoking method validateSMTPServer

mail.genmills.com Connection attempt with mail.apt.com SMTP Server failed. Please ensure that the SMTP server is up and running. javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: No authentication mechansims supported by both server and client.

Looking into the smtp server's log, i can see SCC conections attempts that are rejected because of one reason "USER: null".

Of course, i tried also after giving values into the fields domain and user in the advanced email settings.

There again, the smtp server complain about user: null when SCC tries to connect.

So is there a bug in SCC ? is it possible to write connection infos in a configuration file instead of using the gui ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks and regards

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

WE do have CR 724818 opened, will follow up to see if issue have fixed in SCC-3_3, As a workaround you can use IQ Cockpit or SCC-3_6

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I seem to remember a front-end (GUI) validation in the settings that required an email-style format for the user id (so test/internal user ids failed).

Try using a format of <first>.<last>@<domain>.<com> or <name>@<domain>.<com>

If I remember correctly, the issue was in the validation of the domain - it had to be 2 parts.

Try that.  Perhaps the GUI validation no longer exists, but another validation is still occurring and failing, thereby setting the id to null.

If it does work, please submit an incident to SAP support.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You remember correctly : there is a gui form that looks like that :

I assume the 2 strings are concated and then sent to smtp. I tried many varying format, varying users and domain. Some supposed to work some expected to fail.

The error is constantly unchanged in the log file of the smtp server : user null

According to the mail server admin, smtp server already accepts anonymous connections, so this should not happen. But he says that we are not supposed to use ntlm when connecting anonymously.

As i a m not a pro in smtp / network protocols and so on, i cannot distinguish now if the problem is comming from ACC, or from a java layer / a OS config or a smtp setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj Bagai

I'm ok to upgrade, but i cannot find a control center 3.6 version in SAP download market place. the highr version number i can see is SCC v3.6

I don't understand

Anyway i'm downloading the 3.3

Thanks for your reply

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please test with IQ Cockpit

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I am not a pro either.  Best I can suggest is to try a newer SCC or IQ Cockpit.

I am not sure if there is any form of tracing that could be performed on the SCC side to see what is being sent, as I assume tracing on the SMTP side would only show 'null'.

Chris

SybDBA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj, Chris Baker Gi-sung Jang

I have a tiny question related to Cockpit;

Q: What login policy values should must be assigned to a TECHNICAL USER, as normally it seems like a normal user ??

OR

How it will be different from other users, and why it is specially required in cockpit ??

Please explain.

----

Regards

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

For technical user:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-63210

IQC_TECHNICAL_USER_POLICY login policy is created by running cockpit_monitor_role_based_privileges_setup.sql(IQ 16.x) )  and cockpit_monitor_authority_based_privileges_setup.sql (IQ 15.4.x)

Technical user is a dedicated account used for creating and scheduling collection jobs and    monitoring, and triggering alerts based on predefined thresholds.

Thanks

Saroj