cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Properties not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with SAP Design Studio 1.3 SP1. Normally if you select a CHART component the ADDITIONAL PROPERTIES view appears where you can customize the CHART. But in my case the ADDITIONAL PROPERTIES view is empty there are no options available. How could this be? I hope somebody can help me.

Best Regards

Fabian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I found the solution. I installed the wrong Java version (JAVA 8 Update 20), so I installed Version 7 Update 65 and now it works. Regards Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

Just as an additional Note, Additional Properties do not show up when the Chart is Hidden in Design Time,

Regards,

Fazith Ali Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

I also had the similar issue post upgrade to Java 8_51 on dashboards developed on the BI platform(locally it worked fine). I found instead of downgrading back to Java 7, adding in your BI server http://<servername>:<port> to the java security exception site list also resolved the issue.

Many Thanks,

Matt

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the note.

2021164Design Studio crashes with opened "Additional Properties" view

Latest solution 2 should help you. This issue is sporadic on some PCs.

Regards, Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

I come across this issue often in Design Studio 1.3 SP1.

Try this..

- Click on the Chart component

- Uncheck Additional properties in the View Menu

- Now click on the chart or any other component

- Re-check Additional properties again in the View Menu

It might sound very silly, but this is what I do to get the issue resolved.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Sruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi, no, this fix doesn’t work for me. Additional properties window is still empty when I click on the CHART. Regards, Fabian

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

Did you check that Additional Properties is selected in the View menu of Design Studio?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Edit:  I just saw your screenshot.  It looks like you already have Additional Properties selected so this is not the problem.

Message was edited by: Mustafa Bensan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Yes, in the view menu the additional properties are selected. Regards Fabian

former_member197751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

Even if additional properties are selected and still its showing, then double click the chart component  and you can see additional properties.

Regards

Sateesh

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

In my case, I've noticed that the Additional Properties sheet only seems to appear once a datasource is assigned to the chart.  Have you tried that?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I double clicked on the chart, but the additional properties window still empty, as in the picture below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa, I connected the chart to a datasource, but the additional properties window is still empty Regards, Fabian

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

I'm running out of options here.  Can you provide a screenshot of the Edit Initial View screen for your data source?  The issue may not necessarily be related to the data source but it's worth checking.

Regards,

Mustafa.