cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS on Special GL Posting key is not appearing.

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please guide me. While I create an invoice with posting key 31 , the system shows all TDS items in a pop up screen. But when I use posting key 39 , the system does not show any pop up screen and issues a message like withholding line item is missing .

Kindly guide why the system is behaving differently for posting key 31 and 39 . I have already checked the FSG for both posting keys in ob41.

Regards

Soumya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

Have you define with holding tax type for payment? If not then do the configuration for it. If you have already done configuration, check in the vendor master whether you have selected liable indicator the payment withholding type.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mukhtar,

Thanks for your reply again. Tell me is it necessary to define the WT type  for payment. I have already define it for the invoice. And as per client they didn't deduct any tds at the time of payment. So kindly guide me.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somuya,

Then why are expecting with hold tax type pop up at the time of post key 39. As you know this posting key we used to post special GL transactions i.e. down payment etc.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

Yes, the posting key 39 is used for sp.gl transactions. But here when posting entries vai F-02  ( in order to adjust advance payment via invoice ) my client used posting key 39 and wants to deduct the TDS at the same way they use 31.

Now when I have created WT type for payment and wants to post the entry, the system gives me an error like '

Withholding tax amount exceeds total bank line item amounts."

My Entry is Gen Exp Dr (Posting key 40)

Vendor Adv Cr (Posting Key 39) .

Please guide.

Regards

Soumya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Soumya,

Withholding tax would calculated at the time of Invoice or at the time of Payment whichever happens first.  So you need to maintain the WT types of payments also.  Posting key 39 is used  for special gl transactions.  As you said that you are not calculating the WT at the  time of payments  then discuss this with your client how they want to calculate for special gl transactions.  Hope this is helpfull.  Thanks.

Regards,

Ahemmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Soumya,

Please check the below link. hope its helpfull to you.  Thanks.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1625460

Regards,

Ahemmed.

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Inthiyaz,

Thanks for your reply. Let me illustrate an example.

1. Advance Payment Entry.

Vendor Adv  (posting key 29)   1000

Out Bank (Posting key 50)           1000.

2. Journal Entry

General Exp (Posting key 40)    10000

Vendor Adv (posting key 39 )   9800

TDS a/c       (posting key 50)    200.

My client used to pass entries like this in their legacy system and wants to follow in this way.

So kindly guide me is this possible in SAP . I have tried but it gives me an error like

Withholding tax amount exceeds total bank line item amounts." .

Or I have to pass the entry via pk 31 and then adjust the advance entry .Please guide.

Regards

Soumya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Soumya,

Please check the bank account master data and "relevant to cash flow" checked is on or not

have you checked the link which I provided already?

Regards,

Ahemmed

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Inthhiyaz,

For my journal entry I don't use any Bank GL. I am simply using a Geneal Exp GL. I have already checked the link . But still I am facing the issue.

Kindly guide.

Regards

Soumya.

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Soumya

you can process this entry in SAP, though as per IT Rules TDS should be deducted on payment or invoice which ever is earlier.

If your client requires still for this type entry , it can be done . You do not need to create payment TDS code and assignation to vendor and process the transaction.

Also check Bank Account should be Relevant to Cash Flow.

Regards

Pankaj pandey

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somuya,

You cannot post above entry in SAP. First you have to post a invoice i.e. using pk-31, here you have to select the w.h.type for invoice and system will automatically deduct TDS. After that you have to adjust the advance against the invoice. Because of this reason your client has not configured with hold tax for payment posting.

Please follow the above procedure.

Regards,

Mukthar

divya_klsv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

Your 1st entry is correct and the 2nd entry you can't post directly to the vendor advance. First you create liability on vendor A/C then clear the vendor advance.

1. Advance Payment Entry.

Vendor Adv  (posting key 29)   1000

Out Bank (Posting key 50)           1000.

2. Invoice Booking

General Exp (Posting key 40)    10000

Vendor A/C (posting key 31 )   9800

TDS a/c       (posting key 50)    200

3. Clear the Vendor Advance

Vendor A/C                                              1000

Vendor Adv (posting Key 39)                 1000

See when your clients followed somethings on their old system and they wanted to follow the same here, then try to convince them with the standard functionality of the SAP system and tell them this will help to track the records very easily and they could be able to easily differentiate the actual payment against the invoice and the payment of advance separetely.

Regards

Divya S