Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see the logical path and file created in FILE tcode from AL11 and unable to upload the file to this path from front end

former_member569532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created the logical path and filename in FILE tcode.I am trying to upload the pdf file to application server by using this path.But

I am getting message like "Unable to open the file".Even I cannot find the this path in AL11 tcode.Kindly anyone advise how to upload pdf file using

custom path and file created from FILE tcode.

Thanks & Regards,

Anusha.

12 REPLIES 12

pavanm592
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Check with your basis team whether you have read/Write Access permissions to the File.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your reply.I have checked in /nsu53 I am not getting any authorisation error.

0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

For Test purpose once try to place your file under /tmp directory and check you can see the PDF under AL11.

Can you elaborate why do you want to store the file in logical path created by FILE tcode.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

We have a requirement to store the PO terms and conditions pdf file in application server ,while sending the emails to vendor our program picks that file.

Thanks & Regards,

Anusha

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I have successfully uploaded the test pdf file to application serever dir_temp directory.But I ma unable to view that file from al11 tcode.

Thanks & Regards,

Anusha

0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

What File Path Did you gave while uploading, give it like this.

Directory/File name with extension

/tmp/test.pdf

Can you please paste the related code.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I have uploaded from the CG3Z tcode.But I cannot view from Al11.

By using custom logical path and file I am unable to upload also.

Thanks,

Anusha

0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Please give as below.

I forget to say you cannot open the PDF in AL11 and for that you need some configuration, i think it can be done using content server,not sure completely please wait for some more suggestions.

Regards,

Pavan

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anu Gottumukka wrote:

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your reply.I have checked in /nsu53 I am not getting any authorisation error.

Check with your basis team that

a) The directory exists

b) That the permissions on the directory are set correctly. That is the unix permissions. That will not show up on SU53,

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Kindly anyone tell why I cannot see the logical path and logical filename created in FILE tcode

from AL11.Is there any any relation between AL11 and FILE tcode.

Rgds,

Anusha

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AL11 shows you the file structure set up by Basis.

FILE creates logical filenames/paths that resolve to filenames/paths. It does not create paths. Basis must do that for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.