cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal PO process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a requirement wherein a central team raises  Purchase orders for the business units internally for works undertaken. Here, the amount on such PO's will be 0 (Free Goods indicator turned ON), as the nosiness units wont be charged. But, they need to let the business unit know there was a cost of $$$ for this work to be done, but they don't want the business unit to bear the cost.

What is the best possible solution and process in SAP??

Rgds,

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member190893
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

in PO u create Account Assignment Cat as "z".in that mention free of cost items as 0 value. u get the Reports also. ME2L,ME2N,ME2M.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT,

Thanks for that! I was also thinking of option 2.

Regards,

SS

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the free text field "Requirement No" as below:

Then you will be able to see this field in various reports (like as ME2N/ME2L/ME2M etc)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may check the following options:

1.Even if you maintain the item as free item, the header level condition tab will be available. You can maintain a specific header level statistical condition in the pricing procedure and maintain the price in PO - header level - conditions tab. However, the net price will be zero.

2. Maintain the price in some free text fields in PO header / item. You can find few free fields like "your reference" in header level - communications tab. You may make use of these fields.

3. You may use the header text also as already suggested by Akash.

Option 2 will allow you to pull the same in standard reports like ME2N (with dynamic selection.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using header text is an option to record the cost involved for the operations if you would still like to maintain '0' price in the PO.

Regards,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Per your suggestion, which standard report can show the header text?

//SS

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately we dont have standard report to pull out Header Texts. But it can be acheived by Functional Module "READ_TEXT" with the following parameters.

To reach the above screen, double click on the Header Text field, on the menu Goto -> Header.

If you are not willing to go for customization, alternative would be the 2nd option suggested by Prasoon below.

Regards,

Akash