Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FIORI APP with bluetooth barcode scanner

former_member198357
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am deveoping FIORI app and I would like to scan barcode with my bluetooth barcode scanner attached to my device like tablet or mobile.

Could anyone please provide some help on this with some source code example if possible.

Regards,

Bhavin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member9607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

Please look at the below link. It may help you a bit.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end/blog/2014/03/14/integrating-barcode-scanner-...

Regards,

KK

former_member198357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnakant,

Thanks for the reply.

I have got these links but if I understood correctly then they are for inbuilt camera and not for bluetooth scanner.

Also, I could not understand what I need to add into my project while uploading UI5 APP to SAP for FIORI.

Regards,

Bhavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

Integrating a bluetooth barcode scanner to your UI5 app is very simple. Just pair it to your bluetooth enabled device, focus on the field you want the reader to output it's read data into and use the bt scanner.

The BT scanner is treated as an "external keyboard" by the mobile device. So after it reads the barcode it will just "type" it into the currently focused field. The bt device will also usually include a carriage return when it sends the data to your UI5 application.

Regards,

Alex

former_member198357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

If I understood correctly from your reply then I do not need to perform all the steps mentioned in those links to add barcode scanning in my app as it will work with BT scanner and will return data to the respective field in my APP.

Regards,

Bhavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

Nope. Not unless you would like to use the integrated camera to do the scanning for you as well.

One thing though to note, it took me awhile to find why this was happening before, so I'm letting you know now to save you time finding out what's wrong, when you pair your BT scanner to Android, the operating system treats it as an external keyboard and disables the soft keyboard. To re-enable just go to settings -> keyboard and choose the keyboard after you pair the BT scanner.

Regards,

Alex

Answers (0)