Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MRP to "not" consider quality stock

I understand that the MRP net requirements planning has kind of hardcoded to consider quality stock in the plant for available stock calculation. but is there any way as an workaround to not consider quality stock without doing any core mods or badi implementation?

In my search for this , one of the sdn senior poster has given an option in one of the threads to use spro transaction OM0I (define selection rules) and in there for selection rule SAP00001, if I make QM INSP LOT as "do not consider" then system will not consider quality stock for available stock calculation.

if all my materials are QM managed and each will create a inspection lot for quality stock. if I set this setting , then my s/r list doesnot consider quality stock as available stock?

will md01/md02 read these settings before doing the net requirement planning? if not, what are these OM0I settings used for?

Former Member
Former Member replied

Sorry guys , may be I did not present the question in a right way.

I understand that we can do some badi or move stock to non mrp relevant sloc to not consider this quality stock..

but my main question is in what business scenarios anyone would do these selection rules? why would anyone want to check stuff in md04 by changing these standard stuff? what advantage do they get by changing these standard rules? ca someone give me an example? thx

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question