cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP to "not" consider quality stock

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that the MRP net requirements planning has kind of hardcoded to consider quality stock in the plant for available stock calculation. but is there any way as an workaround to not consider quality stock without doing any core mods or badi implementation?

In my search for this , one of the sdn senior poster has given an option in one of the threads to use spro transaction OM0I (define selection rules) and in there for selection rule SAP00001, if I make QM INSP LOT as "do not consider" then system will not consider quality stock for available stock calculation.

if all my materials are QM managed and each will create a inspection lot for quality stock. if I set this setting , then my s/r list doesnot consider quality stock as available stock?

will md01/md02 read these settings before doing the net requirement planning? if not, what are these OM0I settings used for?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry guys , may be I did not present the question in a right way.

I understand that we can do some badi or move stock to non mrp relevant sloc to not consider this quality stock..

but my main question is in what business scenarios anyone would do these selection rules? why would anyone want to check stuff in md04 by changing these standard stuff? what advantage do they get by changing these standard rules? ca someone give me an example? thx

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SCM,

It depends on the business scenario for example in some industries QI takes much time than expected in this case planning people could not wait till results are out so they do planning without considering the quality stock.

So it is individual decision whether to consider QI stock or not during MRP.

BR
KK

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Regarding the selection rule, it is only for displaying the MRP results, for example, on transaction MD04. The selection rule will not be considered during the MRP run and it will not affect the MRP resuls.

These selection rules are generally used because sometimes there is too much data to be displayed on transaction MD04 and the user may want to have a quick access to an specific kind of planning element.

For example, you are trying to use transaction MD04 to convert planned orders to production orders. In this case, you don't want to see dependent requirements or other kind of requirements, then you should use a selection rule which will only select the receipts.

The mentioned BAdI can be used in hundreds of different scenarios. If you make a quick search by MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA you will see on how many threads this BAdI was suggested in the past and in which cases it is necessary.

BR

Caetano

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Caetano thx..

If this is just for display, then what is the difference between om0j and omoi transactions. Isnt omoj used for display?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Using method CHANGE_MDPSX_MDQM from BAdI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA you can control if inspection lots are MRP relevant or not.

See the blog post below for more details about the BAdIs available on MRP:

BR
Caetano

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could probably send the Quality Stock to a specific Storage Location.. let's says QM00.. Then you can exclude this storage location from the MRP run:

SPRO --> Production  --> Material Requirements Planning  --> Planning --> Define Storage Location MRP per Plant.

Otherwise, you will need to try different approaches (see the link shared by KK).

Kind Regards,

Mariano

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SCM,

See below thread which may be helpful to you http://scn.sap.com/thread/3614332

BR
KK

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Only three type of stocks are considered in MRP:

1.Stock in tranfer

2.Blocked stock

3.restricted use stock.

which you define while configuring the MRP plant parameters in OPPQ. or in T code OPPI.

The setting in OM01 are mainly used for filtering the data in MD04/MD07 with these selection rules, this setting has no connection between MRP run in MD01/MD02.

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

you have said

"The setting in OM01 are mainly used for filtering the data in MD04/MD07 with these selection rules, this setting has no connection between MRP run in MD01/MD02."

but the F1 help on the field says if if i dont consider an element, then system will not use that element data for "calculation" .

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The calculation here refers to the stock/requirement list and its calculation after applying these selection rules in Md04.

Check at your end.

Regards,

Anupam Sharma