Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance based plan with reset

feroz_shaik3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of my client is maintaining Fleet and have planned maintenance packages for the vehicles.

For every 10000 KM they do Regular service, every 30000 KM they do Minor service, for every 100000 KM Major service.

Minor service includes Regular and Major includes both Minor and Regular.

There should be 100% shift in all the packages but shift in Regular package should not shift the dates of Minor and Major, shift in Minor should shift Regular but not Major.

And once the plan reaches 100000 KM and Major service is completed, the maintenance plan should be reset and again start with the cycle (Re,Re,Mi,Re,Re,Mi,Re,Re,Mi,Ma).

Any way this is possible with standard or through development.

Thanks & Regards,
Feroz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please try to use CYCLE SET Functionality.

Br\

Rakesh

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Never thought of that option!!

Can cycle sets deal with the different frequencies (10,000, 30,000 and 100,000)??

Cycle sets are not active here - so I can't test..

PeteA

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Cycle set can work with different frequencies (10,000, 30,000 and 100,000).

For More info please check below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/EN/c9/fccf28f79611d4961300a0c93029cf/content.htm

@ Feroz shaik Please check try to run the scenario .

Br

Rakesh

feroz_shaik3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

I have already tested this scenario with different cycle sets along with shifting parameters and it is working good. But according to my requirement, the shift in Regular package should not shift the dates of the Minor and Major package. This is where I am finding difficulty.

Kindly let me know if you have any more suggestions to fulfill the above requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Feroz

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please use the Scheduling Parameter preliminary buffer or follow-up buffer in this case.

Br

Rakesh

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pete/ Feroz,

Just a suggestion here,

Can this requirement be achieved using "CounterOverflow reading" in measuring point?

For ex: Can we maintain the counter Overflow Reading = 100000 in measuring point, means once this reading is achieved, the counter will be set to 0 and i think on reaching 10000 again, will raise your first regular maintenance call for 10000.

Feroz,

Please check and revert if this helps.

Chin2.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chin2,

This may work for the maintenance plan, but it wouldn't reflect the actual meter reading in the vehicle..

PeteA

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

PeteA,

Based on the requirement given by Feroz, it seems that final reading on the vehicle is 100000.

Feroz,

Please confirm what is maximum reading on your vehicle meter which makes it 0.

If it is 99999 (i.e., 100000). The solution given by me would work.

If it is not the maximum reading, you might be able to play with Annual Estimate in Measuring point and Scheduling Period in Maintenance plan to achieve your requirement.

Please do reply.

Chin2.

feroz_shaik3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chin2,

The odometer in the vehicles has 999999 and as Pete said it will not be possible to reset the counter at 100000 as it is in sync with physical meter.

Also, in the case of overflowing of the counter, the system will take the cumulatice reading to calculate the next call date.

@Pete, Let me check with the ABAPer the feasibility in implementing the logic with your suggested user exit and BADI

Once again thanks both of you for your inputs

Regards,

Feroz

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

I just tested the counter Counter-Over-Reading option described by Chin2 above and I couldn't get it to work.

Has anyone managed this before??

PeteA

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

PeteA,

Even I had not tested the same. It was just a suggestion that it might work.

Also, I think Feroz has tested the same and as per his reply, system is taking the Cumulative reading instead of Counter-Overflow-Reading hence my suggestion would not work.

Thanks for testing and confirming.

Feroz, Thanks to you too for Confirming.

Chin2.

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chintan, Pete, I am certain the Counter Overflow on the Counter level only affects the representation of the measurement readings, but SAP still calculates complete reading intervals (so the overflow value does not affect the maintenance cycle). Also, it does not restart the Maintenance Plans.

Perhaps some solution sould be developed to reset the plans, even with the "Change counter" fuctionality, but Feroz had already confirmed the readings should always match physical counters, so this is a blind avenue.

I like Pete's suggestion about restarting, I think you would need to create separate Plans for Major, Minor & Regular and you will need some Z-report to restart the more minor plans based on the last Shift of the more major ones.... (grouping by the technical objects and differentiation on the Maintenance Activity Type or the Soft Field maybe?)

feroz_shaik3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebastian for your inputs.

I am currently looking in the BADI: BADI IPRM_MCP_SCHE_CHANGE provided by Pete to change the scheduling dates as per the logic. I will come back once I confirm with the ABAPer

Thanks & Regards,

Feroz

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Feroz,

If the 3,000km package were a 2,500km then this would be easy.

However, since you are using a 3,000km package you need to reset the scheduling after every 10,000km which cannot be done automatically on SAP standard.

You will need to develop a solution to restart the plan. One option would be to have a batch program that runs each night and checks for the 10,000km orders that have been TECO'd, then restart these plans.

PeteA

feroz_shaik3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Pete, Thanks for the reply.

I have one more query, that is to shift (for late or early completion) Regular Package without shifting the Minor/Major packages. Is it possible to shift only 1 package without affecting the other packages in a maintenance plan consisting 3 packages?

Thanks & Regards,

Feroz

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Feroz,

Unfortunately the shift factors apply to all packages.

Again you would need to develop a solution to resolve this requirement.

PeteA

feroz_shaik3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks again Pete, and kindly share if you have any inputs to achieve this functionality (shifting 1 package without affecting the other).

Thanks & Regards,

Feroz

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Feroz,

Have a look at:

• User-exit IPRM0002: Determine planned date info for maintenance plan (SMOD)
  • BADI IPRM_MCP_SCHE_CHANGE: Adapt Dates During Scheduling (SE18)

PeteA