cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have a requirement from the business on clearing open item with partial payment and show only the balance left in FBL1N.

We pay a down payment of USD 100 on 01st Jul, 2014, and get an invoice on 1st Aug for USD 200  for 30 days, effectively the invoice is due on 1st sep, I apply the advance to clear invoice on 1st sep. The issue is in FBL1N the outstanding shows USD 100 with two open items (USD 100 pmt & USD 200 as Invoice) and if subtotal with inv ref, then the subtotal shows the net of both line items. I would like to know if we can show only one line item with original document with net amount due (200-100). It gives us the real picture on outstanding against each line items.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

If you do partial clearing then system will show two open items i.e.invoice document and payment document. This is SAP standard behaviour.

If you want display one item with net amount. Then in this case you have do residual clearing. At the time of clearing, select invoice document & payment document and click on res.items and here you have to double click on invoice document, system will automatically show the balance amount,simulate and save the document.  In FBL1N report, it will show only one open item with net amount.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

Thank you for your replay, well the residual clearing does not keep the original document rather it creates a new document number and show the baseline date from the residual date which is wrong. Because our requirement is to keep the original doc after applying the partial payment.

Thanks,

Lokesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

Then it is not possible to keep original document after do partial clearing. If you have base line date issue for residual item, then you can do the settings in tolerance group for customer. Here you can default the setting for transfer payment term from invoice.

Regards,

Mukthar