Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Help please deploying Crystal Decisions 10 to Microsoft 2008 R2 IIS 7

Folks, I need your help please. We've been using Crystal Decisions 10 with MS Server 2003. We're migrating to a VM envirionment with MS Server 2008 R2. I have everything working except for our crystal reports. We are a mostly an ASP Classic enviroment.

When the report is called it opens, the SP query does not fail but the data does not show in the activex viewer. If there is a tree view associated with the report, you can see the expandable data points on the left but the report does not actually appear. No errors are apparent either.

This thing is killing my production. Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi Jack

I moved your post to the SAP Crystal Reports - Legacy SDKs SCN Space.

I really doubt that you will ever get this working. As Sastry mentioned, CR 10 did not support MS Server 2008 R2. The only version of CR (using classic ASP) to support anything close (WIN 7) was CR XI R2 (v. 11.5.x), Service Pack 6. See the following wiki for more details:

Crystal Reports v. 9.1 to SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime Distribution and S…

For CR XI R2 SP 6 and WIN 7 I wrote a small blog - essentially collating info reported by customers on how to get ASP working - on WIN 7 (sometimes this works, other times...). See:

Report Designer Component (RDC) in classic ASP applications on Win 2008 Server and Win 7 - Possible Solutions

Please note that both CR 10.x and 11.5.x are out of support (have been for years). My recommendation, understanding that porting the app to more recent versions of CR and either the .NET or Java SDK is not possible:

Update to CR XI R2 and keep your fingers crossed. Your chances of getting this to work CR 10 are pretty well zero. Your chance of getting this to work with CR XI R2 SP 6 are better, but still approaching zero. You may be able to obtain CR XI R2 by calling sales (866-681-3435) or check the Worldwide Office Locations | SAP.

Last note. If you do manage to get CR XI R2, please so keep in mind that:

1) CR XI R2 is no longer supported.

2) You will be using CR XI R2 in an unsupported environment (Server 2008).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question