Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminate an instance in 'undefined' status

PortalPete
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi

I created an an instance using the Fiori UX Demo solution, which created the Frontend in AWS but got an error on the backend end from Amazon awaiting approval of my account.   I emailed AWS and they informed me of approval.  There were no changes in the status of the CAL so I decided to terminate and start over.   When selecting Terminate, the message indicates the instance is terminating but it never removes the entry from the CAL instance list.

When I look at my AWS account the instance was actually terminated and subsequently deleted (the frontend server).

The user is P1940881394 - could someone please remove this entry so I can recreate the instance from the solution ?

thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stanimir_eisner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes, the “undefined” instance stayed in SAP CAL although no VMs left in AWS after the terminate operation. The SAP CAL Team is working on a solution to clean-up such instances.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Stanimir

stanimir_eisner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The "undefined" instance was cleaned up. You should be able to create a new instance.

If it fails again please hover over the exclamation mark to see the error message from AWS.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Adi_Bathineni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I got the same issue. My instance is showing as Undefined status. if I try to activate the Instance, after some time it shows SAP Front end icon is in green and SAP Server ICON as white and Instance Status as "Undefined".

Please let me know how did you resolve this issue?

stanimir_eisner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bathineni,

What is the error message that pops up when you hover over the exclamation mark?

Best regards,

Stanimir