cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording actual times vs std times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If std times are recorded in a production order confirmation, then wouldnt the variance on the order be zero assuming all the components are yield was as planned. Why then do clients request to record std times during order confirmations? I think it is a very bad practice. If we need to reconcile the actuals then what is the process? I found this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53036 but dont know if its the solution which can be recommended. Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only a client who does not take costing seriously will continue to use planned times. What's your mfg scenario? Repetitive mfg? Is there backflush process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GS

usually when there is a production flow implemented actual cost and effetctive cost are same compared in order to figure out if the Controlling activity (CK11N calculation cost ) are near to real production.Without actual cost a lot of controlling functions will get without meaning  because the result will be always perfect.

I advise you according to own scenary to implement this flow PP-CO if you thing could be relevant for your business, otherwise if the really differences are little important you can continue to manage it to standard value.

Let me know if i have been useful for you.

Daniele

Answers (0)