cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the Context selection in webi 4.1 SP2

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Universe which have various context. I want to apply a Security by adding a Security table to this Universe. So I had created a FILTER which restricts a Column based on the Logged in User. I am using @variable("BOUSER") to select rows based in this security table. This table join is included in all the contexts. I want to apply this filter to whole universe and also i have used " Apply on List of values".

It is working in the Universe level, Especially when i click on display list of values.  It asks for Context selection, when a context is selected, query runs with selected context tables and displays the correct results.

When I create a webi Report, then for any object added to the Filter for displaying the LIST OF VALUES it Asks me to select the context. Here when i select a context then it fetches data on the selected context, but it Pops up the context box again. This is my Main Problem , the selection window of  context keeps poppuing up for context selection. How to resolve this.. i am not sure if this is bug or i am missing anything?

I tried selecting different contexts also but in vain. The Context Window keeps on Popping up.

When I used Object with Prompt selection, During run time it says Conext Unset. So When we refresh the LOV, it will POP up the Conext window which keeps up popping up even after selection is done.

i have tried by reading various disucussion in SCN but couldn't acheived please help me on this thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is not going to help, but I have recently upgraded to 4.1 SP6, and this issue has become apparent. The webi html version, when refreshing a report that requires you to select a context, the prompt appears to be looping.

Thanks in advance if you have any advice on this issue.

Thank you

Wayne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just saw a hit for this on knowledge base item 2171263 - looks like it might be fixed in SP6 FP4 or SP7.