Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Initiator is a test ID

Hello experts,

My workflow requires that the initiator is a security test ID (the user uses this to login so sy-user I believe becomes the test ID) which is required for security reasons to limit approvals of the objects for which the workflow is designed. The workflow design also requires that a confirmation is sent back to the initiator. Since the initator is a test ID the workflow will not be able to find an actual user. I thought of creating a custom table where the test ID is linked to an actual user and then inserting code in a method attached to a standard task and change wf_initiator........please advise if this is the recommended way to do it and how or are there other ways?

Thank you.

regards

David Dittmer

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello,

I'm still not sure I understand what you're doing but it's a relief to hear that this is not for Production.

In most sites the Test system is a copy of Production (which is very useful) so you can just use the userids that you would use in Production. You just have to maintain a messy spreadsheet of passwords and authorizations.

I would not go and create special methods just for testing.

But anyway - if you did want a method to translate user X to user Y then you would make that a method of a class or a BOR object. The workflow would call this; there is no actual programming within a workflow unless you could loops and conditions.

To reiterate: I don't see why you need to do what you're suggesting. Have basis copy the org structure from Production and use that instead. Sorry if I've misunderstood.

regards

Rick Bakker

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question